BSOD "Store Data Structure Corruption"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2018
Hey everyone!

So my first post gut dusty.. let me try to repost it again I hope I can get some real help.

I've been getting these BSOD's specifically after gaming. I play CS:GO. I have run sfc.exe and memtest but my computer is completely intact and no violation was seen. I also ran WhoCrashed which gave an analysis that the said crash was because of ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe. However, when I ran driver verifier.. I have noticed that the BSOD is somehow replicated.

Here's my dump file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au9nyh_kyT8wbRW9xgKrapvBe7A

I hope you can help me out on this one. Thank you so much and have a nice day.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ntoskrnl & ntknrlmp are both parts of the windows kernel so not the cause, just what crashed

The error message is indicative of HDD failure/RAM failure. How many times did you run memtest? on 1 stick at a time? have you tested the hard drive as Memory to windows = ram + page file.

I will ask someone to look at dump files for us

Aug 13, 2018

Hey there. I think I ran memtest once only. I have also ran chkdsk.exe scan and repair. Let me run a memtest and see what goes or what. Thank you for you kind reply.

Aug 13, 2018

I'll try to do that thank you.

Aug 13, 2018

Just to make sure.. what do you use for memtest? Are you using memtest86? Thank you.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/NC6u.html

File: 081318-59187-01.dmp (Aug 13 2018 - 11:11:10)
BugCheck: [BugCheck 1C7, {0, ffffc682a7e49000, f91a26bd, 180d96} (1C7)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

Motherboard: Ironman_SK
Support page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MM/content/support-product/6737?b=1
You are using BIOS version 1.18.
_The latest is BIOS version 1.32.
Verify this information before attempting to update. Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you ever installed Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool as a driver dated from 2008 is running and might be part of it. I only mention it as drivers from 2008 are too old to be windows 10 drivers. This file has been known to be part of other files as well so might not be related to IPDT

How did ram/storage tests go?

What brand hdd do you have? Try running HDTune on drive as a 2nd opinion on chkdsk. Have a look on the Health tab in HDTune, let it run a SMART scan. See if you get all green OK marks alongside each line

This is a fairly rare error so did driver verifer create any BSOD?

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017

I'm getting this too, weird u want him to run memtest86 EIGHT times when (for me anyway) it takes like 3 hours a go?

Sheesh. 24 hours in total tests without being able to use ur PC.

did you ever find the solution Sol?

you should start another thread and provide your memory dump file.
this guys machine had a driver
C:\Users\Sol\Downloads\ThrottleStop_860\WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008
that would likely cause corruption of the compressed driver store on windows 10
he also had some problems with his windows defender updates not getting installed
and some windows core files that were modified from the ones provided by windows.

thread is too old to suggest all of the fixes, they most likely have reinstalled windows by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.