[SOLVED] Bsod when windows connects to internet to install automatic updates

Jan 22, 2021
Fresh install of windows,
(Windows 10 2004 oem)
I Install network adapter drivers and connect to the internet. Windows automatically installs display drivers and and the resolution goes to 1080, a few seconds later I get a BSOD same time everytime. Fault:page in non paged area. Ram seems to be fine, have tried various drives. Seems to be an issue with windows updating something please help
I7 3790k
GTX 1080
16 Corsair hyper x fury ram
Samsung nvme boot drive
Msi z97 Krait motherboard

Solution
I don't know, looking at the version number of the one on the Realtek website - 1030.25.0701.2017 - I can already guess this driver, although dated Sept 7th 2018 on the realtek site, its actually from 2017, based on last 4 digits of version., its listed on Dlinks website as being a Win 7/8 driver

1030.37.0703.2018 & 1030.40.0128.2019 are both meant to be for win 10 but I can't see them on the Realtek website, both driver packages are actually made by Dlink and I a can guess all that has changed is branding. It would still include the same driver. OEM like Dlink often make their own version numbers up but still include the same drivers.

Age is what is making them not work, using older drivers isn't going to fix that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Win 10 should have had lan drivers for that motherboard, Z97 isn't that long ago. You shouldn't have needed to install any is what I am saying

Or is it a WIFI card? it could be the drivers for it causing errors, if the only drivers you installed were them...
what wifi card is it?

Jan 22, 2021
Win 10 should have had lan drivers for that motherboard, Z97 isn't that long ago. You shouldn't have needed to install any is what I am saying

Or is it a WIFI card? it could be the drivers for it causing errors, if the only drivers you installed were them...
what wifi card is it?
Wifi card is an asus ac68

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you I will give this a try
ASUS USB-AC68
chipset - Realtek RTL8814AU
driver - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8814au-software

i seen this driver crashing windows all year, its time for a new WIFI Adapter. Get one that is WIFI6/AX/AC2100 - they all mean same thing. Latest standard, you won't get rebranded win 7 drivers
I’m almost certain that you are correct now however is there any other solution rather than just getting a new wifi card? Could I install older drivers for it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know, looking at the version number of the one on the Realtek website - 1030.25.0701.2017 - I can already guess this driver, although dated Sept 7th 2018 on the realtek site, its actually from 2017, based on last 4 digits of version., its listed on Dlinks website as being a Win 7/8 driver

1030.37.0703.2018 & 1030.40.0128.2019 are both meant to be for win 10 but I can't see them on the Realtek website, both driver packages are actually made by Dlink and I a can guess all that has changed is branding. It would still include the same driver. OEM like Dlink often make their own version numbers up but still include the same drivers.

Age is what is making them not work, using older drivers isn't going to fix that.

Solution