Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
hi guys, my pc crashes (bsod) while gaming, currently it was happening in Wildlands when i bought the new pc hardly 6months back, bt it stopped after some driver issue when i updated it then i juz went back to old drivers and was able to play GTA 5 for hours without any issue, then it started again with wildlands (it also had its issue with some corrupt files error) so uninstalled the game and went on other games, played mafia 3 with same crashing issue from time to time and till then i had not updated the nvidia drivers bt after some days or weeks it started again so i recently used DDU to remove drivers and install new ones and play breakpoint but it still crashes after some hour or so, checked the temps (MSI Afterburner) max GPU is 70C (+/-1 or 2C) same with CPU max at one point was 75C but its mostly in 70C or so. want to knw what is causing this as i have read it here and there bt didnt see anything and neither is my pc generating anykind of memory dump for bsod even when i enabled it in settings (its like either one is like set to restart the pc when i hit those temps)

now im thinking about doing memtest for ram and maybe something else as i have open the case for max airflow and all 5 fans r running at max speed for removing the heat, still its crashing at that temp.

now i dont even knw what to do, like change my thermal paste? or psu wires maybe not giving enough power?, i have not used a 4pin on my mobo it is extra to the 8pin near the cpu as there is no extra 4 pin for pc connector as im not sure if thats the issue? will buy an molex to 4pin to power it if needed.

Note - I have not overclocked my cpu or gpu, juz did my ram in the settings to 3600mhz.
The BSOD in the beginning were like the pc restarted and i was having issue starting it like it mostly corrupted the windows (formatted a few times) or something and had to change some setting in BIOS(i juz use to enable and disable armoury crate) juz to get it to load windows, now after viewing for a while thats not the cast yet.
Sometimes it was better with updating or rolling back on nvidia drivers, bt not a permanent solution.

AMD 3700X Stock cooler
Zotac Amp Extreme 2070 Super
850W PSU Corsair semi modular
Asus X570F Motherboard
Silicon Power NVME 500gb
2tb Segate hdd
16gigs gskill sniper X ram 3600mhz

Last edited:
Solution
Yup a drop-down.. and there isn't a minidump coz i even search it using show hidden files.. tried it a couple of times.. even unable to get memory dump..
Without any of this info it's hard to tell what's going on. A lot of the time BSODs are caused by some sort of issue with memory, but it could be other hardware. You may want to try running memtest86 to see if your ram is stable.
What was the stop code of the BSOD? It should have said it at the bottom of the blue screen.

It's unlikely for GPU temps to cause a BSOD. It's also fine to leave just one 8 pin connector to your motherboard.

By adjusting ram to 3600 Mhz do you mean enabling XMP?

Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
What was the stop code of the BSOD? It should have said it at the bottom of the blue screen.

It's unlikely for GPU temps to cause a BSOD. It's also fine to leave just one 8 pin connector to your motherboard.

By adjusting ram to 3600 Mhz do you mean enabling XMP?
i wasnt able to get the bsod code or it juz restarts before i can read it, so was trying to use minidump or anything else. im not sure if its xmp bt i had seen some video and did it so it can use the 3600 mhz. some docp

Sorry forgot to mention i updated my bios by downloading new version from asus site, so it got reset to default, juz now made it to 3600 again using docp to 3600 and that multiplier is 100 by default, i didnt touch anything else juz made it to 3600mhz.

Last edited:
i wasnt able to get the bsod code or it juz restarts before i can read it, so was trying to use minidump or anything else. im not sure if its xmp bt i had seen some video and did it so it can use the 3600 mhz. some docp
Did you get it to 3600mhz by selecting a drop down menu and selecting a profile?

If you're not sure, could you link the video?
Also, you're certain that there isn't a minidump, right?

Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Did you get it to 3600mhz by selecting a drop down menu and selecting a profile?

If you're not sure, could you link the video?
Also, you're certain that there isn't a minidump, right?
Yup a drop-down.. and there isn't a minidump coz i even search it using show hidden files.. tried it a couple of times.. even unable to get memory dump..

Without any of this info it's hard to tell what's going on. A lot of the time BSODs are caused by some sort of issue with memory, but it could be other hardware. You may want to try running memtest86 to see if your ram is stable.

Solution

Tomoki

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
I sure will try that... To see if that's the issue.. is there any software that reads the bsod data.. as I'm unable to get minidump