bsod win7x64 after new ram and mobo combo build.

elong8807

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Sorry for this late ass post...im running around like a headless chicken. .

Long story short i bought these things:

AMD A SERIES TRINITY A6 5400K 3.6GHZ OC TO 3.8GHZ

MSI MOBO FM2-A75MA-35
CURRENT BIOS IS 2.3

KINGSTON RAM SUBbrand HYPERX
2X8GB 1866MHZ CL10 1.5v

WINDOWS 7 64BIT WITH SP1 on it now but with BSOD the whole lifespan of the new system.

Sometimes random and most often while im on either google chrome or mozzila not as frequent on ie which is damn weird...but i have done ram checks psu wire checks flashed bios used old ram from previous board (which was still compatible but needed more) and updated all drivers and deleted some that i knew were causing issues...but oooh my word...i still have BSODs ... its driving me insane and i cant get my work done like this....ehat else can i do to diagnose because flipping through goodle and the rest of the nest i cant truly decipher why it keep crashing. Driver veiw tells me nothing blue screen nothing i dont already know what to do next....right now im typing on my phonelol

Solution
I am not sure what you are saying about the HD7540D driver. Go here (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064) download and install this driver if it is not what you are using. For starters, do a custom install and select the first, second and next to last items (should be install manager, Catalyst Control Center and Display driver). The other items are optional features you can read up on to see if they are use to you.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
I suggest you set everything to default/auto values in the bios. Run the system and see if the issue is gone. What cooling solution do you use. An o.c. of .2ghz not significant to every day use and gaming. Have you run windows update until there are no more essential and recommended updates? If not do so and reboot after each is installed. Do you see and ! or ? in yellow next to any devices in Device Manager? What are you using for graphics? Are the graphic drivers up to date? Did you do a clean install or just try using a HDD from a previous system? I recommend a clean install. Did you use the MB disc for chip set and device drivers?

elong8807

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

I did do a fresh install and have updated everything as far as Windows updates and no yellow ! or ? in device manager and for graphics I am using the gpu AMD Radeon HD 7540D as the driver it came with the CPU. and for the cpu im not overclocked I really don't know why that .2 oc is even an option for the cpu. and everything is default and up to date in the bios. and I actually went to the site for the MOBO drivers as the ones with the CD were out of date.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
I am not sure what you are saying about the HD7540D driver. Go here (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064) download and install this driver if it is not what you are using. For starters, do a custom install and select the first, second and next to last items (should be install manager, Catalyst Control Center and Display driver). The other items are optional features you can read up on to see if they are use to you.

Solution