May 12, 2021
Hello!

Recently I built PCs for me and my twin brother. The two builds have the same specs:

mb - Gigabyte b450m ds3h
ram - 2x8gb HyperX
HD - 1tb Toshiba
GPU - 1660 super
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

The problem is that I am getting this BSODs (System_service_exception, System_thread_exception_not_handled, Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal, Kmode_exception_not_handled, IRQL_not_less_or_equal and more but all related to drivers or memory), which come out of nowhere except when I am ingame. I think the cause of the problem might be the Ryzen Master software. It is the only thing I have used that my bro hadn’t. After I downloaded it and messed with it i got this errors, but since then I have deleted it and restored everything to normal, but the BSODs didn’t stop. I tried anything to stop them: Reinstalled the system, checked the ram(ran ram test for 6+ hours), deleted all the drivers and downloaded the newest ones, installed the newest chipset update from the amd site, checked the ram slots, ran HD tests. I am probably missing something, but what I am trying to say is that i literally tried anything. I really wanted to try and reset mb’s bios settings, but since my CPU is Ryzen 3rd gen and my mb is 450 I’m afraid that if I reset the MB bios i will not be able to run my CPU, since I can only run Ryzen 3rd gen after bios update on this motherboard.

Also in the dmp files show the files “ntoskrnl.exe”, “USBXHCI.SYS”, which may be causing the issues.

So I wanted to ask if I would be able to run my CPU after bios reset using the method with removing the battery of the mb and if this method is even going to help.
I am really frustrated, since I have been getting this problems for a while now.

Sorry if I have messed the terminology and for waisting your time. I’d be really grateful if you manage to help me

DMPFILE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rthckfygqyljr6/FileDMP.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukzra302sqv2tua/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0

recent event log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7ufjqrskb0c4ka/event log.png?dl=0

Yours sincerely,

Kurt Cobain

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
reset mb’s bios settings, but since my CPU is Ryzen 3rd gen and my mb is 450 I’m afraid that if I reset the MB bios i will not be able to run my CP
Resetting the BIOS to defaults will not undo the firmware version it is running, it will simply reset any settings changed in the BIOS. Being as you stated the issues only started occurring after you starting messing with hardware in Ryzen Master, I would absolutely recommend you reset your BIOS back to default settings, you can do this in the BIOS itself, or by removing the CMOS battery for a minute whilst the PC is completely unplugged.

Also in the dmp files show the files “ntoskrnl.exe”, “USBXHCI.SYS”, which may be causing the issues.
These won't be the issues. The debuggers generally just point to the thing that was in use when the system crashed, even if the crash was caused by a driver somewhere else for example. The 2 above are Microsoft drivers, one of them is simply a kernel driver, which almost never cause BSOD.

Firstly, could you please share the dump files with us on a file sharing site so we can download them? - In case the BIOS reset does not work.

Reactions: Kurt Cobain
May 12, 2021
Resetting the BIOS to defaults will not undo the firmware version it is running, it will simply reset any settings changed in the BIOS. Being as you stated the issues only started occurring after you starting messing with hardware in Ryzen Master, I would absolutely recommend you reset your BIOS back to default settings, you can do this in the BIOS itself, or by removing the CMOS battery for a minute whilst the PC is completely unplugged.

These won't be the issues. The debuggers generally just point to the thing that was in use when the system crashed, even if the crash was caused by a driver somewhere else for example. The 2 above are Microsoft drivers, one of them is simply a kernel driver, which almost never cause BSOD.

Firstly, could you please share the dump files with us on a file sharing site so we can download them? - In case the BIOS reset does not work.

Hello!

I tried to reset the md’s bios, which helped for a couple hours in which i didn’t have any BSODs, but as I was writing my reply to you here that it work, a BSOD popped up.

That’s the dmp file :

Could you please take a look

Yours sincerely,

Kurt Cobain

May 12, 2021
pc told me he just replied to one thread, seems he can't count :)

why can't ntoskrnl be the cause just once? Surely windows doesn't need its kernel for anything :)
USBXHCI.SYS being involved could mean its a USB device, but I let PC read the dumps, he needs the practice (runs away before being told)
Hello, Colif!

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your help, and PC's too. If you need any other information, I will be online all day.

Thank you again!

Kurt Cobain

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hello!

I tried to reset the md’s bios, which helped for a couple hours in which i didn’t have any BSODs, but as I was writing my reply to you here that it work, a BSOD popped up.

That’s the dmp file :

Could you please take a look

Yours sincerely,

Kurt Cobain
You've posted the text output of the dump file, we need the dump file itself, apologies!

Colif loves to let us peasants do the hard work y'see and then he takes all the credit ;) (I jest of course).

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know, the 2nd crash is blaming Nvidia drivers
I would run DDU and install newer/older Nvidia drivers and see if that helps

might not be entire cause but its a start :)

how to locate and upload minidumps
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: PC Tailor
May 12, 2021
I don't know, the 2nd crash is blaming Nvidia drivers
I would run DDU and install newer/older Nvidia drivers and see if that helps

might not be entire cause but its a start :)

how to locate and upload minidumps
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Hello!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjhcpmwdrv4ius2/AABDhqrjyuN7yAaF72hv-h6xa?dl=0

There are the dmp files. Sorry for the missunderstanding earlier.

Kurt Cobain

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report: JSFiddle

Summary of findings:
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiCancelTimer+20c2f1 )
--------------------
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiProcessDpcVSyncCookie+455 )
--------------------
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSwapThread+5ec )
--------------------
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCheckSystemNxFault+16fbce )
--------------------
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico+1fe )

Some things to consider:
  • rtwlanu (Realtek RTLWireless USB 2.0 Adapter) appears in the stacks of one of the dump files
  • nvlddmkm (NVIDIA Drivers) appears in the stacks of on of the dump files.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Typical, you get an easy one. 90% of the time error text shows no driver names, so you lucky.

WIFI adapters have been the theme of the year, all the old USB 2 ones seem to be a problem now. I have been recommending people upgrade them to something marked one of the below
  1. WIFI6
  2. AX
  3. AC2100

all 3 things mean the same thing, the latest WIFI. Might cost more but adapter will last a few years at least

Nvidia, you have the latest drivers so try an older version, or after safe mode, run windows update and allow it to find older more stable Nvidia drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

May 12, 2021
Typical, you get an easy one. 90% of the time error text shows no driver names, so you lucky.

WIFI adapters have been the theme of the year, all the old USB 2 ones seem to be a problem now. I have been recommending people upgrade them to something marked one of the below
  1. WIFI6
  2. AX
  3. AC2100
all 3 things mean the same thing, the latest WIFI. Might cost more but adapter will last a few years at least

Nvidia, you have the latest drivers so try an older version, or after safe mode, run windows update and allow it to find older more stable Nvidia drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
Hello, Colif!

Last night I ran DDU and deleted all nvidia + realtek drivers and had gotten the newest ones. I haven’t gotten BSOD since.. yet. If they continue I will definitely invest in wifi card. The interesting part is that when I am gaming I never get BSODs. I could play for 48 hours if I wish, without any BSODs.

Thank you for your and PC’s help and dedication! It means a lot.

Kurt Cobain

Colif

Win 11 Master
The interesting part is that when I am gaming I never get BSODs. I could play for 48 hours if I wish, without any BSODs.
What Power supply do you have?

I see many pc that can run games all day but can't handle idle. Its to do with how Ryzen systems rush to idle. My 3600XT is almost always below an average 400mhz speed (often at 115mhz) at idle but if I ask PC to do an action, it will wake a CPU core, boost it up to as fast as need be and once task is done, rush back to idle again. Some PSU don't like the rush to idle thing

Last edited:
May 12, 2021

1. WIFI6
  2. AX
  3. AC2100

Excuse me, but I just got one problem : https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeyd709q8efkaqv/051421-10171-01.dmp?dl=0

could you check it out please?

May 12, 2021
What Power supply do you have?

I see many pc that can run games all day but can't handle idle. Its to do with how Ryzen systems rush to idle. My 3600XT is almost always below an average 400mhz speed (often at 115mhz) at idle but if I ask PC to do an action, it will wake a CPU core, boost it up to as fast as need be and once task is done, rush back to idle again. Some PSU don't like the rush to idle thing
I have Deep cool Da700. But you know, in my case its pretty strange, because as I said, my brother has the same configuration and have never had BSODs.

Also I just plugged out my Adapter for WiFi and got BSOD.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have Deep cool Da700
For the record, pretty poor quality PSU.

Also I just plugged out my Adapter for WiFi and got BSOD.
Problem with this is that just because you've unplugged it, doesn't mean the software isn't in use or present and misbehaving still. You effectively have to get the remnants of the software off the system for it to be effective.

I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) here: JSFiddle
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Summary of findings:
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeAccumulateTicks+205b96 )

Colif

Win 11 Master
its possible they still caused by these since they were running during crash
rtwlanu.sysRealtekRealtek Wirless USB 2.0 Adapter Driver29/07/2019
what Wi-Fi card is it? I can see if I can find newer ones

I was going to say it shouldn't have WIFI drivers running if card is removed, so shouldn't need to take them off if you stop using card.

May 12, 2021
its possible they still caused by these since they were running during crash
rtwlanu.sysRealtekRealtek Wirless USB 2.0 Adapter Driver29/07/2019
what Wi-Fi card is it? I can see if I can find newer ones

I was going to say it shouldn't have WIFI drivers running if card is removed, so shouldn't need to take them off if you stop using card.
Hello!

I will start using cable soon, so I hope this problem is going to go away.

I don't know why, but I can't reply to PC. I wanted to tell him if the cause of the problem is possible to be my CPU, because i read that this CPU's jave such really similar problems.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
To add to this, based on the last dump file, of a DPC_WATCHDOG, parameter 1 of the dump file is 1, which means the system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above, which can often be much more difficult to track down than if the pararameter was 0.

Effectively 0 can potentially mean 1 offending driver was causing the issue, parm = 1 suddenly not so simple and can potentially mean multiple drivers were at play, suddenly, it's not as easy to track down.

Usually to be able to dig into those more effectively full dump files would be needed. But I'm not up to the parm=1 part of my training yet!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
stop trying to confuse us. :)

So what does it mean?
Basically that it's above what I've learnt.

When the parameter = 0, it means a single DPC has exceeded a limit, effectively, you're likely looking at 1 driver and it might be easier to see cause you just find out what single DPC it was (of course it's never just that simple, but that's the theory).

When the parameter = 1 it means it wasn't necessarily just 1 driver that caused the issue, there could be multiple, or interactions, so therefore it's harder to trace, and usually harder to trace in a minidump especially. Basically it's potentially not as simple as above because it might not just be 1 driver involved. (Or hardware for that matter).

I'm yet to reach going through P1=1 in my training yet!