Bsod with Realtek

dgibbon13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi There I recently built a computer. Im plagued with BSOD especially when I try to play games. First it was Memory Management Errors, I did benchmarks for GPU, Memory 86+, Prime 95 , SeaTools, SFC Scan Now, Chk dsk and still no errors can be found. Last week I got an Nvidia driver error I updated that, then I got a Realtek driver error. I updated my Realtek family driver to the latest and then last night I ran Driver Verifier and it states that The realtek Fam Driver is prob the culprit for the BSOD. Im using WHOCRASHED. Its the latest update so Im getting confused here. I tried the CD that came with motherboard and I installed those drivers as well and they cause the BSOD as well. Heres my latest WHOCRASHED. Should I start RMAing each part? https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx2sou8r9p3fv18/DESKTOP-K1K2QGT-2017-02-11_180328_80.zip?dl=0 is a link to my crash dump if that is better than WHoCRASHED.
Thanks For The Help :)
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-K1K2QGT
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., F2A68HM-H
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) X4 845 Quad Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8534208512 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 2017-02-11 5:49:35 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021117-20234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: rt640x64.sys (0xFFFFF807DA0D3CDB)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x11, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF807DA0D3CDB)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
product: Realtek 8136/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapters
company: Realtek
description: Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rt640x64.sys (Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver , Realtek ).
Google query: Realtek DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 2017-02-11 5:49:35 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: rt640x64.sys (0xFFFFF807DA0D3CDB)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x11, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF807DA0D3CDB)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
product: Realtek 8136/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapters
company: Realtek
description: Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rt640x64.sys (Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver , Realtek ).
Google query: Realtek DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 2017-02-11 5:13:38 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021117-18781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x2085B)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFD4C2A194085B, 0xFFFFAC8036EE2EA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2017-02-11 4:22:46 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021117-21718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFAAAB3E6E1AC6)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF9501A7193B2D, 0x2, 0xFFFFAAAB3E6E1AC6, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2017-02-04 1:08:01 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020417-18843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802B7623BE2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

11 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

rt640x64.sys (Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver , Realtek )

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where did you get the realtek drivers from? Gigabyte or Realtek? here are latest Realtek PCI drivers - http://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/realtek-pcie-lan/

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

dumps may show us more than whocrashed can - I wouldn't rma anything just yet :)

dgibbon13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hey thanks , well when I first started to get bsod's alot of them. I decided to use the gigabyte CD for all chipset drivers. I started to get bsod from realtek so I downloaded the updated drivers from realtek they were actually the ones you posted but they were from the realtek website. I will post dump file in a couple hours when I'm home. Thanks for helping me out, seriously appreciate it I've spent 30+ hours lately trying to fix all these bsod.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You should use drivers from the gigabyte web site as they will be newer than the ones on the CD, Have you got revision 1 or 1.1 of your motherboard? I would go to the Gigabyte site for the model and check there aren't newer drivers there. I have looked but can't guess which model you have so won't add a link. - I was scared to see it supports win XP, that isn't always a good sign for a Win 10 board but both revisions seem to have drivers for 10 so its not as bad as I thought.

update drivers and if you still get errors, show us who crashed and the dump files

dgibbon13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hey there, I used the Rev. 1.1 version which I have. It crashed again this time who crashed said it was nvidia, ( I have the absolute latest driver) Here is a link to the last 4 dumps from dropbox.com, and who crashed below. By any chance do you think win 7 is more stable, Ive never had so many driver issues before. for some reason I have amd Catalyst control centre on my pc as well... Ive never opened it. Im guessing I should uninstall it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8t9lbd6ikg0soy/New%20folder%20%282%29.rar?dl=0

On Sun 2017-02-12 1:02:52 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021217-18187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80C748961C4)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x100000BAA, 0x5, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80C748961C4)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_02838dee03d82b94\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 378.49
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 378.49
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 378.49 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't used an AMD CPU in 13 years so i had to look it up, as far as I can see catalyst is just for GPU so you should be able to remove it.

if no one reads the dump files in the next few days, I would follow the instructions here and ask them: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

Uninstall Daemon tools it's a known cause of crashes. nvlddmkm.sys is also crashing the video drivers

atapi.sys is also crashing with an 0x133 stop error. Get tddskiller. See if you've got a rootkit

hal.dll is also crashing with the same stop error. If you can update the bios in the bios, do it in the bios

dgibbon13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Thank you colif and Paul. I will def update the BIOS ( the only updates offered are CPU support bios updates 1) first release 2) godavari support and 3) carizzo supoort, which my processor is. What would your suggestion be for Nvidia.? I've actually tried zotac drivers as well as diff versions of Nvidia and still bsod. Thanks for the help.

1. Download all drivers from their respective manufacturers. Install to USB or secondary drive.

2. Run system restore. See how close to your PC's birth you can restore your PC to and install the correct drivers. Or just do a reset(Preferred). Settings/ Update and Security/ Recovery/ Reset this PC.

Solution