Question BSODs in a new setup after running a couple games

guerru

Reputable
Feb 8, 2020
Hello, I am a new user, and I create this thread beacuase I dont know what more to do to fix this problem.

I built two days ago a new PC, everything at first was fine, I ran a couple benchmarks like CineBench and Heaven the cpu-Z one and Userbenchmark. In this last one I noticed that my CPU and RAM was performing under expectations but I didnt pay attention to it because I wasnt overclocked and as the site says that can be a sign of lower performance comparing with others (Userbenchmark and my specs and my PSU is: Corsair TX650M). But the next day I tried to run some games and during and after executing them, I got a couple BSODs, the first one clockwork watchdog timeout, and the other one machine check exception, checking them out on google both had something to do with CPU.

After that I started researching and I found that in the benchmarks I was running, my CPU was performing lower than it should according to some charts on the internet.

Also in the CPU-Z says Kaby Lake instead of Coffe lake, I dont know if that has something to do, and the Vcore fluctuates a lot between 0.6 and 0.9 when in the BIOS is around 0.94 stable. Either way isn't that a low voltage for the CPU?. By the way my BIOS is as default I did not overclock anything. I tried with the windows power managmenent, setting the power of CPU to 100%, but i get the same results.

I have all the motherboard drivers updated and the GPU and windows too, and BIOS version is the second most recent.

I even tried to run the benchmarks with only one stick of RAM and then the other, but i had the same scores.

Here are my dump files

Could be a faulty CPU, or RAM or Motherboard? I can't figure out the issue, I appreciate any help.