Question BT adapter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hi,

I have a bluetooth adapter on my win 10 desktop that worked flawlessly until a couple of days. I connected my mini keyboard or my ps4 dualshock4 controller and everything worked charms. But a couple of days ago suddenly it didn't see my devices. I reset my ds4 and tried to pair it again, but it simply doesn't see it.

Controller and mini keyboard connect just fine on my laptop. Also, controller connect just fine with usb cable. So, I would say devices are not the problem.

Also, I used mini keyboard BT adapter as I thought BT adapter could be broken. But the new adapter behave exactly the same.

I tried all tricks and settings I could found in internet for solving this: I uninstalled the drivers, I removed the BT adapter, I insert it into another usb, I stoped and restarted BT service and so on. For no positive effect. In devices and printer window, the BT adapter has a bluetooth headset description and icon. My understanding is that win 10 see the adapter as a headset so it comes normal it doesn`t act it like a receiver/transmiter.

What can I do, as I would not reinstall win 10 except as a very last resort.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you use a program called Scarlet Crush to connect DS4 to PC? just curious as it might not be the BT adapter if only thing not connecting is the DS4, you didn't say if Keyboard also didn't work?

Did you get any windows updates around time it stopped working? Is laptop on same version of Windows - down to patches?

what make/model is adapter?

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Neither ds4 nor keyboard are seen by the bt adapter.

Desktop has win 10 1809. Laptop has 1803.

I use ds4windows to play the ds4 S xbox controller but it has nothing to do with it. I always start ds4windows after ds4 is connected as wireless controller.

Yes, I could say some days ago when I shut down pc it updated.

Adapter is a no name one, a full 5 stars on reviews on the online store I bought from. The other adapter came with mini keyboard Rii. Neither one works. On both it is written CSR 4.0. And on both, when connected, windows describes as koga manufacturer, dongle model, bluetooth headset category. This was not the gase before these issues, though I could not say what description windows had for it before.

Colif

Win 11 Master
this was only updated a week ago - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

it seems the headset description is common for DS4 USB dongles -
windows 10 detected it as wireless headset in the bluetooth settings of devices)
link

so that might not be a clue. It depends what the laptop shows them as.

open settings/update & security/windows update
view windows update history
can you tell me KB numbers of most recent Cumulative Update (or just give me the links to webpages)

Jul 20, 2019
have you managed to make it work? because my dongle is exactly as you said, windows recognizes it as a 'headset', koga manufacturer, not even a clue.

Aug 7, 2019
Has anyone been able to figure this out? I am having exactly the same issue as the OP and I have absolutely no idea how to tackle it or what could be causing it.

Aug 7, 2019
To everyone having this issue and the OP: here is the fix!

In my case the dongle was showing up as a headset and just "dongle" in the device list. What you need to do is uninstall the device/drivers of the adapter in Device Manager. In my case it was listed under USB in the manager. You will be prompted to check "Delete the driver software for this device" when deleting- you must select this or it will not work. Remove the adapter, plug it back in and voila! Windows uses the default BT driver and all is well in the kingdom! From there, run the Bluetooth troubleshooter via Search and you are good to go.

Hope this helps someone!

Sep 26, 2019
To everyone having this issue and the OP: here is the fix!

In my case the dongle was showing up as a headset and just "dongle" in the device list. What you need to do is uninstall the device/drivers of the adapter in Device Manager. In my case it was listed under USB in the manager. You will be prompted to check "Delete the driver software for this device" when deleting- you must select this or it will not work. Remove the adapter, plug it back in and voila! Windows uses the default BT driver and all is well in the kingdom! From there, run the Bluetooth troubleshooter via Search and you are good to go.

Hope this helps someone!
hello, i have the same issue with this KOGA "dongle"... can you mention under what name it appeared in the USB section? I went in the dev manager, for me it didn't appear there. there were some "other devices" with a question mark. i uninstalled them but once i removed/plugged in the bluetooth adapter they came back...

krige

Commendable
Oct 11, 2019
I have a Hama Bluetooth 4.0 Class 2 USB adapter.
Product number: 00049218
EAN/UPC code 4007249492180

On Windows 10 Pro 1903 it is shown as "dongle", manufacturer KOGA, model number 0001, it says just "Bluetooth" without specifying the version nor the class.

QWKlymr.png

I have other Bluetooth USB adapters and all show the correct information on Windows: they all show the correct manufacturer, the Bluetooth version, the model number etc.

The problem I am having with this adapter is that with any audio Bluetooth device I connect, the audio is breaking up every 2-3 seconds.

Any idea how to fix that?

This is how it is shown in Device Manager:

N4MSXFm.png

When trying with @rasende solution, I am not prompted with "Delete the driver software for this device":

W8B2asG.png

Uninstalling, removing the adapter and plugging it back in does not solve the issue.

It's a desktop computer which doesn't have a Wi-Fi adapter.

All the audio enhancements are disabled.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019
Click on "Hardware", it will show you the icon, name and where it will appear on Device Manager.
QWKlymr.png
}
Then, search it on Device Manager (Type says where is it), uninstall it (If it asks you for reset, click on Later), remove it and plug it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.