[SOLVED] Budget psu comparison!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
So I just wanted comapare a few PSU's that are available to me at pretty much the same price and i dnt have the budget for anything else amd these are:
Antec High Current Gamer HCG520M 520w 80+ Bronze,
Corsair GS600 Model CMPSU-600g and Antec Earth Watts 650w model EA-650
Will pair with an rx 570 and i5 2500 btw, All help is appreciated! :)

Solution
Of those, the HCG 520w, while group regulated and an old design, is the better of all those choices because they are all old designs and the GS600 and EA-650 are both turds.

What is this power supply to be used WITH?

What are the hardware specifications of the system this is supposed to be going into?

What country are you in and what is your maximum budget for a power supply?
Of those, the HCG 520w, while group regulated and an old design, is the better of all those choices because they are all old designs and the GS600 and EA-650 are both turds.

What are the hardware specifications of the system this is supposed to be going into?

Solution

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017

Will pair with an rx 570 and i5 2500 btw, All help is appreciated! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be no problem on that platform as it is pre-Haswell. If it was Haswell or newer, on the Intel side of things, you would want to disable the low power C6 and C7 states in the BIOS when using that group regulated unit but for your older platform no such action is necessary.

The Seasonic 520 and 620w platforms sold by Seasonic, Antec and others, have been used for years and years and so far the often cried about crossloading issues have never been widely (Or at all in most cases) reported or experienced despite there technically being a potential for it. I myself have two or three of them that were used heavily for years. No such issues were ever evident. Yes, it could happen. No, it does not ever seem to happen for most people, at least not to the degree that it is a problem because if it was a problem that was likely or was being seen in droves like people seem to think it is, Seasonic would have been run under the bus long ago for it. As would others with group regulated designs. Many group regulated designs.

I get tired of hearing the unwarranted cries from the PSU snobs about these platforms. These particular ones, are still very solid for what they are and in some cases they are easily the best of what is available especially for specific regions. I wouldn't recommend somebody to use one of them IF there are other realistic options available, but I would not recommend against them either in cases where they are clearly the best choice and in this case given the two units offered as choices, they are the best choice. By far.

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
The Seasonic 520 and 620w platforms sold by Seasonic, Antec and others, have been used for years and years and so far the often cried about crossloading issues have never been widely (Or at all in most cases) reported
that's simple

how would you know that a rail gets out of spec?
get tired of hearing the unwarranted cries from the PSU snobs about these platforms
and i get tired of people judging on personal experience, except if you got 10 grand of testing tools at home

you can call me a snob, which is already a low level for a moderator, but i just care about people. you can hate me all you want for that, but i won't change

Nov 14, 2019
and i get tired of people judging on personal experience, except if you got 10 grand of testing tools at home

you can call me a snob, which is already a low level for a moderator, but i just care about people. you can hate me all you want for that, but i won't change

Do you have personal experience, or 10 grand of testing tools at home? Or are you going off of google-fu any 12 year old with a decent grasp of the English language can easily do themselves?

Nov 14, 2019
that's simple

how would you know that a rail gets out of spec?

first you spread your elitist Removed on ltt and now you're trying to push it here when you've Removed all over toms hardware in the past for being made up of idiots

not to mention you just pulled the whole "get testing equipment or shut" nonsense WHEN YOU YOURSELF have no testing hardware (incredible move) and based your deeply flawed LTT list off other people's testing and didn't even bother crediting them the first handful of times

real pro gamer move right there

Reactions: honlo

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Do you have personal experience, or 10 grand of testing tools at home? Or are you going off of google-fu any 12 year old with a decent grasp of the English language can easily do themselves?
except that i have contacts directly to tweakpc, tech-review, professionalreview, various companies and such, no. i don't have them myself. but that doesn't mean i can't read test results from professionals. if you're saying I'm spreading lies, but i show you data why, then i guess I'm not the elitist
get testing equipment or shut
I'm a man of evidence. I'll say it simple

one person's personal experience doesn't count. in high numbers we call it failure rate. show me evidence and I'll believe you

it's sad how this already happened after two days

Nov 14, 2019
except that i have contacts directly to tweakpc, tech-review, professionalreview, various companies and such, no. i don't have them myself. but that doesn't mean i can't read test results from professionals. if you're saying I'm spreading lies, but i show you data why, then i guess I'm not the elitist

You're magically getting secret data they don't already put in the review everyone can read? The aforementioned theoretical 12 year old can read test results from professionals.

Definition of elitist is just displaying a superior attitude towards others. You're not superior in any way whatsoever because you can read, that's pretty normal for a large majority of people nowdays.

LukeSavenije

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
You're magically getting secret data they don't already put in the review everyone can read?
of course not, I'm lucky to get pictures early at best

but i can tell you, EVERY SINGLE REVIEW I've got sent, was without crossloads, which is where the s12ii gets problematic, with the reviews confirming no uvp on 12v

i don't see where i need to be proven wrong here, but again, if I'm wrong, show me the evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.