Question Budget PSU

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I live in Serbia so im not sure how well supplied stores are here compared to other places. Since im not going to get the money for pc upgrade and my pc freezes for a sec and than restarts SOMETIMES

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Update your post to provide additional information about the pc freezes.

For example are the freezes completely random or do the freezes occur only while gaming or using some particular app?

Include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What is the make, model, wattage, and age of the current PSU? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit mining.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time the pc freezes.

What is your budget?

Reactions: Lutfij

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Currently i have these specs:
i7 870 - base clock due to bad cpu cooler
4x2gb DDR3 1333mhz
TUF GTX 1650 super
P7H55-M Pro
Seagate 250gb HDD
120gb Patriot Burst Elite
Some really old micro atx case without fans
LC power 6650 v2.2 i bought it used

I planned on buying i3 12100f, B660 DS3H and 16gb Hyperx Fury 3200mhz cl16. Now i realized that current pc sometimes freezes for a bit, and than it restarts, also when i turn on high performance in power plan i get blue screens much more often or freeze + restart. I also wont be able to get that combo anytime soon so im wondering what psu to get that is brand new, reliable and that would last couple of years + a decent pc case. I have a budget or around $80 for both, if its better long term i can get only psu.I think that at this price point and how slow i am able to upgrade i should start with a good psu, a case and a cpu cooler so i can enable turbo boost and get more performance. Any recommendations are welcome. I am from Serbia

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to pass on links to stores that you have access to, so we can understand what we can suggest. Most folks frequenting the forums aren't from Serbia hence why we need some guidance on what you have to work with. The majority of the experts on the forums, however would know exactly what to look for given a budget and your constraints if we saw what you've got at your disposal.

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on the sites you have access to. For more context, instead of asking us to convert that 80USD to your currency give us a budget in your local currency, helps us two fold trying to find a component with regards to what you have access to.

Ralston18

Titan
Is that 120gb Patriot Burst Elite the boot drive? In any case, how full is the drive?

What OS is installed?

Any error codes in Reliability History and Event Viewer?

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly.

Event Viewer is not as easy to navigate and understand. However, there is no harm in just looking about some and getting a sense of it all.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Is that 120gb Patriot Burst Elite the boot drive? In any case, how full is the drive?

What OS is installed?

Any error codes in Reliability History and Event Viewer?

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly.

Event Viewer is not as easy to navigate and understand. However, there is no harm in just looking about some and getting a sense of it all.
It is the boot drive, 18.7gb

Windows 10 Pro

After every freeze and restart it says 41 Kelner-Power and system logged it, in reliability history it says that windows was not properly shut down.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unfortunately, you don't get into the actual good PSUs until well past $80. There are some things around there that are OKish if you don't plan a huge GPU upgrade like the FSP Hydro-G and MSI Mag. Actual good ones start at around 15-16K dinars. I wish it were otherwise, but parts are very expensive over there.

Reactions: Tac 25

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Unfortunately, you don't get into the actual good PSUs until well past $80. There are some things around there that are OKish if you don't plan a huge GPU upgrade like the FSP Hydro-G and MSI Mag. Actual good ones start at around 15-16K dinars. I wish it were otherwise, but parts are very expensive over there.
What would you recommend? Basically what i said above is the long term plan and currently i just want current componenets to be stable so i can get max performance out of them and their stability without bsod and random restarts