Buffalo Intros Dual-Interface Thunderbolt Portable HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Nice, now make it cheap. Though i don't see transfers ever hitting 10GB/s with a HDD...[/citation]

The key to Thunderbolt is that (just like with FireWire) you can daisy chain devices.
You can connect an external display, a bunch of external hard drives, and whatever else you might want with a single cable to your laptop.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Dubbed the MiniStation Thunderbolt / USB Portable Hard Drive

you don't say???? And here I thought it was a flux capacitor! -.-

it's going to be insanely expensive and probably have its fair share of faults. A few more years for Thunderbolt

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]The key to Thunderbolt is that (just like with FireWire) you can daisy chain devices.You can connect an external display, a bunch of external hard drives, and whatever else you might want with a single cable to your laptop.[/citation]
The problem with daisy chains is that for every device you plug in you see the bandwidth reduced.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The problem with daisy chains is that for every device you plug in you see the bandwidth reduced.[/citation]

not with thunderbolt... at least 1 data and 1 video connection can move through the connection with zero impact on performance i believe... anandtech has a good review of the interface.

not sure that i see value in it personally but who knows what the future holds

Status
Not open for further replies.