CrillyWillyAU

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, Im hoping to purchase myself a new computer in the next couple of months and am wondering i should change out any part for different part. Im also a bit worried about the power supply i have chosen. Im looking to stream and game on my new system.

GPU- MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio OC 10GB
CPU- Ryzen 7 3800X
RAM- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz
MOBBO- Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming
AIO- Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 ARGB Sync Liquid Cooler
CASE- Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh
SSD- Samsung EVO 500GB
M.2- Samsung EVO Pro 500GB
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM
PSU- Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified

Solution
Yes, there are a few problems with that configuration, not least of which is that you'll probably never get 4 DIMMs to run at 3600mhz on any Ryzen platform. MAYBE at 3200mhz. You don't want 4 DIMMs anyhow, you want a 2 DIMM kit. It's half the stress on the internal memory controller, and tends to result in a cooler CPU package temp as well.

You also realize, I assume, that there are probably not going to be any (Or not many anyhow) of the Nvidia 30 series cards available for a while. So it might be well into November or December before these become easily obtained. And it could happen sooner, but I wouldn't count on it.

What is your FULL budget for the build?

Nothing at all wrong with that power supply selection. That's a fine power...
Yes, there are a few problems with that configuration, not least of which is that you'll probably never get 4 DIMMs to run at 3600mhz on any Ryzen platform. MAYBE at 3200mhz. You don't want 4 DIMMs anyhow, you want a 2 DIMM kit. It's half the stress on the internal memory controller, and tends to result in a cooler CPU package temp as well.

You also realize, I assume, that there are probably not going to be any (Or not many anyhow) of the Nvidia 30 series cards available for a while. So it might be well into November or December before these become easily obtained. And it could happen sooner, but I wouldn't count on it.

What is your FULL budget for the build?

Nothing at all wrong with that power supply selection. That's a fine power supply.

Solution