Question Build compatibility check

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
Yes, all those parts play together nicely. However, that doesn't mean I would keep everything how you have it. I would spend a few extra dollars on a few parts to gain some extra features.

I would change your motherboard to the MSI B550 Pro over the one you have listed in your build. It is twenty dollars more, but for that extra price you are getting built in WiFi 6E and Bluetooth, whereas with your current board you would need to use ethernet or buy a dongle online to get connected. The B550 Pro also has more IO, meaning you have more USB ports for other devices you may want to use in the future. Definitely worth the extra money, especially considering this board is cheaper than buying your motherboard and the separate WiFi adapter.

I would also change your SSD. Samsung makes far and away the best SSD's on the market, and there is really no reason to go with anyone else. It's faster than your WD drive, and is only ten dollars more. Swap it for the Samsung 980 Pro.

Other than those two changes, it looks like you are in good shape for a solid mid-range gaming PC.

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
Yes, all those parts play together nicely. However, that doesn't mean I would keep everything how you have it. I would spend a few extra dollars on a few parts to gain some extra features.

I would change your motherboard to the MSI B550 Pro over the one you have listed in your build. It is twenty dollars more, but for that extra price you are getting built in WiFi 6E and Bluetooth, whereas with your current board you would need to use ethernet or buy a dongle online to get connected. The B550 Pro also has more IO, meaning you have more USB ports for other devices you may want to use in the future. Definitely worth the extra money, especially considering this board is cheaper than buying your motherboard and the separate WiFi adapter.

I would also change your SSD. Samsung makes far and away the best SSD's on the market, and there is really no reason to go with anyone else. It's faster than your WD drive, and is only ten dollars more. Swap it for the Samsung 980 Pro.

Other than those two changes, it looks like you are in good shape for a solid mid-range gaming PC.
Thanks man! I’ll take that advice

If you can spend a bit more, i would suggest something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($108.90 @ MemoryC)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit EVO 69 CFM CPU Cooler ($42.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Steel Legend WiFi ax ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($63.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte OC GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Video Card ($393.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1044.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-12 04:42 EST-0500