(Build suggestion) Gaming Pc build for $2500 with mouse,monitor, and keyboard included.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DorthyBoy

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, I was looking for a good Pc build for about $2500 (mouse,keyboard,and monitor included ). I also prefer if it was easily expandable. Games I want to be able to play on high res, Witcher 3 Wild hunt, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Far Cry Primal, and Starwars Battlefront.

Solution
There is nothing wrong with having multiple SSDs, except here it makes no sense. With HDDs, it was helpful to load games and programs off a separate HDD, because the response time, random read/write and sequential read/write performance of HDDs couldn't cope with everything alone. With an SSD, the response time is so slim, it is hardly measurable. I believe last time I actually saw a report about an SSD response time, it was something like 0.000027 milliseconds. Performance is up across the board. There is nothing wrong with having a second SSD if you buy one then later need more space or something, or need lots of space right off, but if the OP can pick up a decent quality high-capacity M.2 SSD right now, it is doubtful that he will need the extra space.

RealBeast

Titan
Good discussion, one of the more civil that I have seen in a long time, so thanks to all posters.

I agree with multiple SSDs being useful if you use them for specific indicated tasks, it makes a large difference having a scratch disk SSD in a number of apps I use (Adobe Photoshop and Premiere) often. Not really needed for gaming, and I would not recommend RAIDing SSDs in a consumer build.