[SOLVED] Building a new pc. Help with some components

lorddavid

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014
Hi

I'm building a new PC, its been like 5 years since the last time a build one. So, I want some opinion about my pieces. My budget is 1250, can do 1300 if needed.

Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x ($299)
Motherboard:

Here, I'm between this: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi ($269.99), ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO ($219.99) and Gigabyte Aorus Pro AC ($190.20)

RAM: Silicon Power Zenith RGB Gaming 16gb ($80.99), RAM if possible I want RGB, but if this is a bad choice I can change it.
SSD:
Here, i'm between Gigabyte Aorus NVME Gen4 ($169.99) or Wstern Digital Blue SN550 ($109.99) I dont know if the difference will impact performance.

Monitor: Gigabyte Q34WC "34 ($419.99) Here I want to try ultra wide monitors.

PSU: I want to used the old one, its a EVGA 750 Plus Gold. Its like 5 years old

Graphic card: I will use my old Sapphire R9 Fury, because is too much expensive a new card today, I will buy it another later (maybe December).

I hace other HDD, 500gb Crucial SSD, 1TB Hitachi HDD and another 3TB Hitachi. I have a thermaltake case

So, I'm havaing problem with Motherboard and SSD, I usually dont change PC until five years (maybe some upgrades only). I will play moderatly, some work (programming, web developing, basic photo editing).

Thank you!

Solution
You were smart to buy a quality psu with a 10 year warranty.
Reuse it unless you suspect issues.

Also, I think you will like a 34" wide monitor.
They are more immersive in games, and for desktop use, you can have a couple of full windows side by side.
If you have room, keep your old monitor and use it for email or performance monitors.

On the cpu, ryzen 5600x is a very good processor.

Once you have picked your motherboard, be very careful to buy only explicitly supported ram. Ryzen is picky about this because performance is tightly tied to ram.
3200 speed is likely to be limiting.
Look at the motherboard ram qvl list for your processor and buy an explicitly supported kit.
If you have a favored ram vendor, they will have a list of...
You were smart to buy a quality psu with a 10 year warranty.
Reuse it unless you suspect issues.

Also, I think you will like a 34" wide monitor.
They are more immersive in games, and for desktop use, you can have a couple of full windows side by side.
If you have room, keep your old monitor and use it for email or performance monitors.

On the cpu, ryzen 5600x is a very good processor.

Once you have picked your motherboard, be very careful to buy only explicitly supported ram. Ryzen is picky about this because performance is tightly tied to ram.
3200 speed is likely to be limiting.
Look at the motherboard ram qvl list for your processor and buy an explicitly supported kit.
If you have a favored ram vendor, they will have a list of supported kits for your motherboard/cpu.

On the SSD issue, it depends on your budget. If you have no restrictions, by all means, buy a m.2 pcie 4 device.
But, the reality is that any SSD will do the job.
Here is an amusing video of several pc gurus trying to tell which pc has what ssd:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DKLA7w9eeA

If budget is a concern, you might want to look at the 11th gen i5-11400(or f)
Here is a review:
A B560 based motherboard will not be expensive, and intel would be perfectly happy with 3200 speed ram.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution

lorddavid

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014
Thank you!
About motherboard, wich one will be suited me better? I will buy a graphic card in the near future (not a powerfull one like RTX 3090, maybe a 3060 or AMD equivalent).

And thanks for the RAM info, I didn't know that Ryzen was picky with that, I will use G.skill better (the one recommended by Why_Me).

And thank you so much for the help!

Thank you!
About motherboard, wich one will be suited me better? I will buy a graphic card in the near future (not a powerfull one like RTX 3090, maybe a 3060 or AMD equivalent).

And thanks for the RAM info, I didn't know that Ryzen was picky with that, I will use G.skill better (the one recommended by Why_Me).

And thank you so much for the help!
I wouldn't go with anything less than an RTX 3080 for that resolution (Gigabyte monitor in your link).

lorddavid

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014
An RTX 3060 would do fine at 1080P.

Something like this maybe.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Non-Glare-FreeSync-Optix-MAG240CR/dp/B089Q5K7GK/
MSI Full HD Non-Glare 1ms 1920 x 1080 144Hz Refresh Rate USB/DP/HDMI FreeSync 24”Gaming Curved Monitor $209.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224478502420
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X OC 12GB GDDR6 Graphics Card $875.00

I will buy a RTX 3080 or AMD equivalent later, I dont want a small monitor because that. But I want to be sure about the motherboard that can handle without a problem all the components

Ok, thanks for the advice. So, wich motherboard will suit me better?

lorddavid

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014

Thanks! With that I can proceed. That motherboard is good for future updates right? for example in 1 year update to ryzen 7 5800x or something like that