Question Building a new pc, on then off

Sep 9, 2019
So I'm building a new pc and after pressing the power button the fans will start then in 2 seconds everything will turn off (this is right about when the DVD drive makes its first sound.) I tried to troubleshoot a bit but the only new revelation is that if I re install the ram the whole process will happen in 10 seconds ish. In this case the DVD drive will boot up at 2 seconds like always and continue as it should till everything halts(this leads me to believe it is not at fault.
I have also already tried to reinstall the cooling fan to no avail

The components are :
Evga 500 BQ 500 wat power supply
8 gig stick of ram
Asrock b250 pro4 motherboard
Radion rx580 8gb gddr5
Standard dvd drive that works in another comp
4 hard drives that all work In other comps

If y'all need more info ask but i can't figure what's wrong

Sep 9, 2019
I tried your suggestion of booting the MB alone outside of the case and it worked (i could tell because i kept the CPU fan on). When I took it out of the case I noticed a bit of dust looking stuff around the screw holes on the bottom of the MB. I take this to mean that the MB shorted on the screws. Am I right? And how would i solve this problem? Are the brass (looking) spacers that came with the case even conductive ?

I tried your suggestion of booting the MB alone outside of the case and it worked (i could tell because i kept the CPU fan on). When I took it out of the case I noticed a bit of dust looking stuff around the screw holes on the bottom of the MB. I take this to mean that the MB shorted on the screws. Am I right? And how would i solve this problem? Are the brass (looking) spacers that came with the case even conductive ?
Take a look inside your case to make sure there are no extra standoffs that may be touching the back of the motherboard. Each standoff should match one of the 7 screw holes on your motherboard.