Building a PC need help 3D artist (£700 budget)

Petemac

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hey guys,

I have finally decided to go the road of building my own PC as im fed up paying loads to get a decent comp for my work as a 3D artist and still not being happy.

I have spent a long time researching the following components to check for compatibility and so forth and need an experts feedback (You guys :) ) on the list of items I have complied.

Is it any good, value for money, would you maybe swap something out, has it everything I need..i.e would you put in another fan etc

CPU---Intel CPU Core i5 2500K Unlocked Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor

MOBO ---Asus P8P67 Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard

GPU--- AMD Radeon Graphics Card (6850) or any other in the 6 series in around £150

RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

CPU FAN ------COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

CASE----- Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus

PSU--- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W

HardDrive---Western digitals Im no sure about this one ..would like maybe 2x500gb..using one as a back up

CD/DVD ROM Drive/burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this lot. I've been looking through these forums for a while no trying to gather information so I hope I've got somethings right..it will fill me with a bit more confidence when I come to build the PC :D

Im building in the UK (Belfast ) and it cant go higher than £700..this lot comes close at £680..I dont need a keyboard ,mouse,OS or screen

Petemac

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Brillaint slcmike, the harddrive you've recommended looks the part and has good reviews..better than the WD's.I'll be swapping them in ;)

metal orient

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Do you have to have an AMD? as you can get a GTX 560 Ti for around £165:

http://www.dabs.com/products/pny-geforce-gtx-560-ti-850mhz-1gb-pci-express-hdmi-oc1-edition-7K7N.html?q=pny%20560%20ti

Which is significantly better.

I'd get ripjaw X over the standard ripjaws, ebuyer is the place to go for them. Or coarsair LP.
I'd also get an XFX core PSU over corsair.

Overall looks good.
Agree with slcmike on HDD

Edit:

thought i'd add the link to a cheap 6870:
http://www.scan.co.uk/product.aspx?ProductId=48080

Petemac

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Thanks very much Metal Orient.Good information. I will have a look at the alternatives. The XFX psu looks good.just watching a video on newegg :)

With regards to choosing AMD over Nvidia is because I've been reading a few bad things about Nvidia 4xx,5xx series of cards when using with some 3D apps. + the fermi architecture. I will defintely do some more reserch into this as well as looking at gtx-560 as i originally wanted a Nvidia GPU. + thanks for the link to the 6870..that is cheap!

TRENDING THREADS