Question Building Brand New PC Troubleshoot issues

okuriokami

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Hi
Pardon if my terminology or englishis off, but I have problem I can quite figure out how to pinpoint the fault
I am currently assembling a PC for friend and I am pretty stuck, I can't to bios and am stuck troubleshooting not being quite sure what is wrong.
I've tried disconnecting all part one buy one to find what is at fault to no avail.
With the things connected being: The Cpu, cpu fan (connected to the cpu fan header on the motherboard), power switch to it's the mobo header, one stick of memory in it's recommended slot (even switching it with working one from my pc own to try in case) and powersupply feeding power too the 24-pin on the motherboard and cpu power header.
Every part is brand new other than the HDD, but as I said I did disconnect down to the bare essentials
The motherboard is not giving any error codes
Best action from here on out?

Specs:
MSI X470 GAMING PRO
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair RM850x
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 16GB (8x2)
ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME
HDD is an older Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB

okuriokami

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
That's odd considering it's advertised and released alongside Ryzen 3rd gen
But I'll try top get the bios updated

okuriokami

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Seems you're right, after reading up on MSI's website it is clear it needs the bios update.
Seems like the site I bought it off have had poor communication ending up it in bit of misleading marketing.
I'll update this if the bios update worked or not.
Thanks for the help.

Seems you're right, after reading up on MSI's website it is clear it needs the bios update.
Seems like the site I bought it off have had poor communication ending up it in bit of misleading marketing.
I'll update this if the bios update worked or not.
Thanks for the help.
No problem. If it had bios flash back button you'd be able to do it without the processor but that motherboard doesn't have it.

TRENDING THREADS