[SOLVED] Building my first PC. How are these parts?

Solution
Hey there,

Pretty solid build. The only thing I'd change is the SSD. For an extra $20 you get the big brother with much faster speeds. It's a no brainer.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $119.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-27 14:19 EDT-0400

Maybe a slightly bigger PSU if your card jumps up a level when you but it, but still solid.

$49 for a TXM is a great deal.
Hey there,

Pretty solid build. The only thing I'd change is the SSD. For an extra $20 you get the big brother with much faster speeds. It's a no brainer.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)

Maybe a slightly bigger PSU if your card jumps up a level when you but it, but still solid.

Reactions: Sivyx and RodroX
Solution
Agree with Keith12, pretty solid build but if you are waiting perhaps you should keep an eye on the new Alder Lake cpus dropping next week.

Either you could pick one of this chips (if they are worth it) or you may be able to get an old one (like the Ryzen 5000) for less money if Alder Lake happend to be a really strong performer.

And yes I would aim for a bigger PSU. Remember not all RTX cards follow the same power requirement and they all tend to have power spikes.

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
The part list is here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KfTWW3

I'm going to wait to buy GPU, CPU, and memory, as the prices are so high right now. The GPU is most likely to change.

Until crypto crashes gpu prices likely won't go down. My suggestion until you get a gpu that you deem adequate don't build a system. If your going budget oriented I would go facebook marketplace, even maybe craigslist.

Reactions: Sivyx

Sivyx

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Hey there,

PCPartPicker Part List

I will exchange my current SSD for this one. Thanks for the advice.

Sivyx

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Agree with Keith12, pretty solid build but if you are waiting perhaps you should keep an eye on the new Alder Lake cpus dropping next week.

Either you could pick one of this chips (if they are worth it) or you may be able to get an old one (like the Ryzen 5000) for less money if Alder Lake happend to be a really strong performer.

And yes I would aim for a bigger PSU. Remember not all RTX cards follow the same power requirement and they all tend to have power spikes.

Thanks for the information. I will keep this chips in mind as they will likely drive the price of the older chips down and give me some more money to spend on my GPU.

Oct 29, 2021
The part list is here:

I'm going to wait to buy GPU, CPU, and memory, as the prices are so high right now. The GPU is most likely to change.

Hey, there you got a good pc part combination as you are going with a ryzen 5 5600X i will suggest to spend more in you motherboard and get a decent one like
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
Asus ROG STRIX X570-I Gaming

A good motherboard will help you gain more power juice out of your ryzen 5 5600x and RTX 3060

Thanks

logainofhades

Titan
That cooler is way over priced. A Vetroo V5 is plenty, for a 5600x, and considerably cheaper. I would do something more like this.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($309.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($84.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: *MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB VENTUS 2X Video Card ($768.97 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1609.90
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-29 14:23 EDT-0400

You can pre-order the i5-12600K on newegg today.
Here is how it compares to 5600X:

As a plus, it includes integrated graphics which will let you defer your graphics purchase.
On the gpu, sign up for the newegg lottery deals.
You will get some sort of a bundle for close to msrp.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The part list is here:

My 2 cents.
Don't buy all that crap and not get memory, CPU, and video card you need to save up and buy everything at one time so you can RMA any DOA part.

The first thing to buy is a video card because their the most expensive if you pay the scalper price. So join the Newegg Shuffle till you get a fairly priced video card every day.

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle