Question Building new pc - parts being shipped

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maximuzzm

Reputable
Nov 19, 2019
sorry just got back from my ban -.-

so currently i have everything just waiting on my 12400f processor ( i dont need integrated gphx)

i went with the asrock b660m pro rs (decent budget board it runs a little hot but w.e)

i also went with the rx 6800 its just chillin in the box rn

On that board, since they say it runs a bit hot, may just use a down firing cpu cooler to help push cool air into that area.

If your case has the options, also put a fan at the top pulling air upwards to help pull warm air out.

Maximuzzm

Reputable
Nov 19, 2019
ok soooooooo... been waiting over a week for amazon to ship my processor .... apparently theres a crazy glitch in their system.... it tells me im going to get my order but never do sooooo. ive been waiting for my new pc for weeks and am tired of it at this point. Im about to just go to microcenter or wherever i got to go to finish my build and get it running today.

Mobo: ASRock B660M MicroATX Motherboard B660M-HDV
psu: msi mag a650an 650w
case: Thermaltake Versa N21 Black Edition Translucent Window Panel SPCC ATX Mid Tower
cpu: i5-12400f
gpu: rx 6800
memory: 2x8 gb SP ddr4-3200
storage: 1tb pcie 4.0 m.2 (also 1tb ssd)
display: acer nitro vg1 27" 180hz 1440p monitor

I accidently ordered this mobo - need to ship it back and reorder the asrock b650 pro rs.... also i was going to go with the i5-12400f just because of the price and how terrible this mobo is. So the motherboard and cpu in this build can be changed to whatever you recommend. I know the psu is lower watts i was trying to make a budget build kind of. Anyways I want to get my pc up and running by today. Microcenter near me is sold out of the 12400f last i checked........Where can I go and what should I buy in order to get this up and running today? Any help with this build is appreciated. If i have to wait one more day I guess I could. Just am not ordering anything from amazon ever again.

whats a good cpu/mobo combo for this build? I need something cheap but still good

You could see if they have any bundles in stock at Microcenter. Sometimes they have 12th gen + mobo + memory for pretty cheap. Beyond that I can't really think of anywhere that is going to have good deals unless you have a local shop that does.

Maximuzzm

Reputable
Nov 19, 2019
You could see if they have any bundles in stock at Microcenter. Sometimes they have 12th gen + mobo + memory for pretty cheap. Beyond that I can't really think of anywhere that is going to have good deals unless you have a local shop that does.
theyre sold out on that bundle otherwise i already would have

Maximuzzm

Reputable
Nov 19, 2019
Again, keep it to 1 thread
im using the msi mag a650an and an rx6800 gpu.

whats a good/affordable motherboard cpu combo for this power supply I have?

Id like to pick it up from microcenter today to finish my pc if possible. (madison heights, mi)

TRENDING THREADS