[SOLVED] Built a New Computer, Windows installer keeps crashing...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2019
I have recently build a new system and upon putting it together it posted. I was excited and powered it down inserted my USB stick I created with the Windows media creation tool. It loaded up no problem but after selecting my drive and starting the installer it completes the first step quickly and then crashes on "Getting files ready for installation" (around 13-16%). It generally flashes a BSOD for a split second that was too fast for my capture card to catch. I have tried using multiple USB sticks just in case and had no luck. I am pretty sure this is a hardware issue but I'm not sure exactly what part is causing my issues. I'm leaning on it being a RAM problem but I have tested multiple times in memtest86 and have come up with zero errors.

Here is a video of my problem that I recorded with my capture card.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niym-UMDOt4&feature=youtu.be

Build:
Ryzen 5 3600
Stock Wraith Stealth Cooler
ASRock B450M Steel Legend
MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z
Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3000MHZ C15
Samsung 970 Pro NVME SSD
GIGABYTE P650B Power Supply
NZXT H500

PS: Please respond, I have had this sitting on my desk as a fancy looking brick for over a month and I am in a country where I cannot get my hands on PC parts without waiting 2 to 3 weeks for shipping.

Solution
I would take it all apart and try doing it on the bench/counter/table.

Keep an eye open when you remove the motherboard for any standoffs that might be installed in the case in a location where there is no standoff hole in the motherboard or any fasteners that might have become trapped between the motherboard and the case.

Check for bent pins on the CPU. This is the #1 cause on issues like this, but not, obviously, the only one. Still, we see it happen from time to time even with seasoned builders and often with novice builders.

If you find no other problems with minimal hardware then it makes it a whole lot more probable that it is a motherboard issue.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Read Before Posting: Forum Rules Styling Posts
Check the date of the last post in a thread before replying. If the most recent post is more than 3 months old, create a new thread. You can link to the previous thread as reference, but we want to avoid “necro” posts that attempt to resuscitate old threads.

For the best possible results, please create a new thread asking your question.

Closing this one.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.