[SOLVED] Built a new pc and can’t install windows or boot?

DannyDorito

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Yesterday I built a pc with brand new parts from scan
(Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte rtx 2060
16gb 3200mhz Corsair vengeance ram
Corsair RM750 PSU
MSI B550m pro-vdh WiFi mobo
Samsung 870 evo 4tb x2
NZXT H510)
And it posted and boots just fine to the bios. But trying to install windows from a flash drive the pc just reboots / crashes halfway without completing the setup. One time it managed to complete the setup and trying to boot into windows gives the same results of rebooting in the middle of the OS loading.

The furthest I’ve gotten is installing windows on another computer, transferring the drive to the new one, and enabling safe mode. That got me into the login screen on windows for about 1 second before it rebooted itself.

I’ve tried many things like reinstalling the windows media onto the stick again. Reseating the ram, removing extra storage during install, and even removing all the parts and trying to run the essentials only on a motherboard box. Nothing helped.

I really don’t want to have bought an expensive and heavy paperweight so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Sorry if i'm necro'ing this thread but just in case someone is having the same problem as me I thought I might as well share since its resolved.
Soon after making this thread I decided to return my motherboard to Scan for an RMA, I sent it over and they found that the motherboard was indeed faulty with my particular CPU, so they sent a replacement motherboard and it worked like a charm with the same setup. So it might not be the answer you want, but if you are experiencing the SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS ME then RMA is probably your only option.

DannyDorito

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your OS? You can refabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools. Just as precursor, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? While here also take a look at the BIOS version for your motherboard.
The installer is genuine straight from the windows website, and the bios version is the second to newest one I believe (January 2021).

I must also say I’ve been doing a bit of digging in forums and found out that my particular motherboard and cpu combo are actually somewhat incompatible even though it’s stated otherwise on the box.
There have been cases where people experienced the same exact problem with my exact configuration so I might have found the answer myself. I may just have to return the motherboard or get a new one without the reports this one has.

DannyDorito

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Sorry if i'm necro'ing this thread but just in case someone is having the same problem as me I thought I might as well share since its resolved.
Soon after making this thread I decided to return my motherboard to Scan for an RMA, I sent it over and they found that the motherboard was indeed faulty with my particular CPU, so they sent a replacement motherboard and it worked like a charm with the same setup. So it might not be the answer you want, but if you are experiencing the SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS ME then RMA is probably your only option.

Solution