built-computer wont boot

videojames

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hi, I recently built my computer, and ordered the parts from amazon. I did all the steps and even used latex gloves (i know overkill) but after all that it wont boot at all, the motherboard doesn't beep or even turn on, ive tested out the power supply, ive switched the reset button with power etc. I think my motherboard might be fried. help? I really dont want this to be a money waster.
Parts:
CPU:AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU:EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB Superclocked Video Card
CASE: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

UPDATE: The fans work all of them, but there is no input signal.

Not that it's probably relative, but latex gloves are not good to use. It is when two dissimilar insulators make contact that one insulator may steal some charge from the other and create an imbalance. You know of this phenomena as static electricity. Human skin, on the other hand, is conductive. You want that. Anyway, it sounds like a simple building mistake to me. Some things to check:

1) Is the PSU switch in the "on" position? It looks like a line.
2) Are you sure the power switch was in the correct spot? You say you swapped it with the reset switch. Doesn't sound like you know too well where it goes. Check your motherboard manual for where to put the power switch cable from the case.
3) Is the 24-pin cable from the PSU plugged into the motherboard?

videojames

Commendable
May 25, 2016

Thanks for the tips, but now all the fans turn on, CPU fan , Case fan , GPU fan and CPU fan. The new problem is that there is no input signal.

videojames

Commendable
May 25, 2016

I've Been at this for weeks! you sir are a life saver!