[SOLVED] Built my PC but it won't display anything onto my monitor, Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2021
My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6b7fcT

I built the pc and everything lights up; the gpu, motherboard, ram, and cooler, just fine. However, it doesn't display anything on the monitor. When I plug the cable in ((I have tried HDMI and display port cables) nothing displays on the screen. If the cable is plugged into the monitor when I plug the other side into the pc the monitor will light up but will then say "no signal entering power-saving mode.." (It says this anytime I turn the monitor on when everything is plugged in also). I've messed with the RAM and the gpu, the only other option I haven't done is fully take everything apart because I haven't had the time.

I've tried doing a bunch of different things but I'm hoping someone might have an explanation for what could be wrong before I take it all the way apart.

spacepillow

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6b7fcT

I built the pc and everything lights up; the gpu, motherboard, ram, and cooler, just fine. However, it doesn't display anything on the monitor. When I plug the cable in ((I have tried HDMI and display port cables) nothing displays on the screen. If the cable is plugged into the monitor when I plug the other side into the pc the monitor will light up but will then say "no signal entering power-saving mode.." (It says this anytime I turn the monitor on when everything is plugged in also). I've messed with the RAM and the gpu, the only other option I haven't done is fully take everything apart because I haven't had the time.

I've tried doing a bunch of different things but I'm hoping someone might have an explanation for what could be wrong before I take it all the way apart.
Alright, I'll help ya troubleshoot this.
Have you tried different ports on your GPU? Have you tried the ports on your motherboard? If it connects to your motherboard (via your intel integrated graphics), you may have a faulty GPU. If neither ports work, it's probably your monitor.
Also -- do you know your monitor works? Does it work with other computers or devices?

MrSam_Derp_Man

Commendable
May 31, 2019
I had the same thing with my PC on first post.
What I did was I disconnected the graphics card.
I used the HDMI Cable to boot into the bios. somewhere in there should be an option to initiate from some display output.

then he pc booted perfect with 2 monitors
windows will download you an stable driver for your graphics cards (can always be installed manually) .

Mar 31, 2021
Alright, I'll help ya troubleshoot this.
Have you tried different ports on your GPU? Have you tried the ports on your motherboard? If it connects to your motherboard (via your intel integrated graphics), you may have a faulty GPU. If neither ports work, it's probably your monitor.
Also -- do you know your monitor works? Does it work with other computers or devices?
Thank you for your help. I did all of this and it still didn’t work, and after I went into the forums that you posted which gave me the idea to look into the manual for the motherboard. Turns out I had my NZXT kraken installed in the wrong spot and that was preventing it from displaying on to my monitor for some reason. No idea how that works; this is my first pc build.

spacepillow

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
Thank you for your help. I did all of this and it still didn’t work, and after I went into the forums that you posted which gave me the idea to look into the manual for the motherboard. Turns out I had my NZXT kraken installed in the wrong spot and that was preventing it from displaying on to my monitor for some reason. No idea how that works; this is my first pc build.
Awesome to hear. Flag this as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.