May 5, 2024
This Should be my last thread on the topic of power supply units
so:
Thread 1 is about how my pc is acting abnormally
Thread 2 is about me choosing one PSU from the 3 deals that I got
so what I need is:
- Get the PSU from a LOCAL and REPUTABLE computer shop
- Avoid Shipping or delivery handled by the locals here (they sucks, trust me on this)
- I could personally pick it up on site
- a PSU that would allow me to run the mid range card of 50 series(5060 up to 5070 [5080 if somehow 5060 suffers the same fate as 4060 lol] )
- will future proof my rig to 2030 at the very least

so based on Thread 2
my choices were:

- Corsair RM850e ATX 3.0 (PCIe 5.0) Full Modular - Gold / PSU 850W ( $126.17)

- be quiet! PURE POWER 12 M 850W - Fully Modular - PCIe 5.0 - 80+ Gold ($131.85)

- ADATA XPG CORE REACTOR II 850G - 850W GOLD FULL MODULAR ($131.68)

Those were my 3 choices but somehow I found a good deal for a :

Super Flower Leadex VII Gold 1000W - SF-1000F14XG(BK) PCIe 5.0 Ready ($151.12)
NOTE: all the price above is discount applied price​

this is actually a good deal for me but its a 1000W and it got all of my needed criteria with it, also yes I know this specific PSU do have a 850W version but I can only get it from a shaddy online listing so thats badluck on my side i guess lol

So QUESTION is, does it really matter if I get the 1000W of superflower VII?(actually someone helping me to confirm that the linked page is the same superflower VII that people told me about would really helpful,), I have been wondering how do PSU consume electricity, Is it based on the PSU having a high wattage itself or is it based on what my rig needs to run?

Extra Details(because why not and I think that I should just list it out since I gathered that kind of data as well lol):
- Corsair and be quiet! comes from [SHOP A 277K online customer 4.9/5.0 Rating)
- ADATA comes from [SHOP B 176.7K online customer 4.9/5.0 Rating)
- SUPERFLOWER comes from [SHOP C 81.3K online customer 4.9/5.0 Rating)

all 3 shops is technically giants and well reputable here with shop A is the oldest one and shop C havint the fastest growth of all 3 shops, shop B has nothing interesting to note

Solution
PSUs will only draw the power needed necessary to power your system. A 1000w or 850w PSU doesn't pull its rated power all the time. If your system only needs 500w, that is all the PSU will pull.

I recommend the Corsair. If not available, the Super Flower (bit of overkill).
May 5, 2024
I got a hunch that the answer is like "even if u use a 1000W and is running a very very old system like lets say Ryzen 3 old generation something plus GTX 960 it will just more or less act like a 200W PSU" in terms of electricity consumption wise but im not too sure so someone confirm this for me

COLGeek

Cybernaut
PSUs will only draw the power needed necessary to power your system. A 1000w or 850w PSU doesn't pull its rated power all the time. If your system only needs 500w, that is all the PSU will pull.

I recommend the Corsair. If not available, the Super Flower (bit of overkill).

Solution
May 5, 2024
i see can you also do a quick check on the superflower VII that I've linked? is it the same one that people told me about?

May 5, 2024
It is an excellent PSU. But is more expensive and more wattage than you'll likely need.

I amended my previous post to say get it if the Corsair isn't available.
but overkilling here abit is not really bad right?, yknow just to future proof my psu and I haven't got any confirmation too from shop A that the corsair would have 10 years warranty

May 5, 2024
W1siZiIsIjIzNDMzL3Byb2R1Y3RzLzQwNTk0NTY4LzE2ODI0MTg1MjZfNmZkZjY4Y2EyODcxNjUxYjMwY2EuanBlZyJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwiNjAweDYwMCJdXQ.jpeg