[SOLVED] burn memtest86-usb.img to CD

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
In UEFI system, Windows 10 how do i burn Memtest86 latest version to bootable CD? when i open memtest86-usb.img i get message "The disk image file is corrupted". so I can't burn that to CD.

I don't have USB now, please tell me if i can do this without imageUSB.exe and put it on CD?

I have ASUS hero alpha and 32GB DDR4 ram. thanks

EDIT: sorry, i didn't mean to post this on CPU category. if you are moderator please move this to RAM category, thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, so maybe your burning software doesn't support those files.

Another method then is to download UBCD where Memtest is one of many tool, or you can download almost any Ubuntu-based distro because on many distro, Memtest is actually a boot option.

I think newer versions dont really support CD boot. i finally bought a new USB stick, thank you.

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
You shall download an original iso file.

Then you burn the iso file to CD. If I remembers correct, Windows 10 can burn an iso image directly (not the "send to <whatever drive letter for cd/dvd>" that won't work)

the latest version (v8) only contains .img file not the iso file, I have DDR4 ram, I think the older versions are for DDR3 ram.

Another method then is to download UBCD where Memtest is one of many tool, or you can download almost any Ubuntu-based distro because on many distro, Memtest is actually a boot option.

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016

I think newer versions dont really support CD boot. i finally bought a new USB stick, thank you.

Solution
Ah - I think I know what is wrong here.

Did a web search - and the original Memtest86+ is unfortunately not the first to appear. This is the software I'm talking about:

And yes it does support booting from CD.

So lesson to learn here : Do not trust search engines. Often, the freemium packages will always stay on top.