Aug 28, 2024
This is what it looks like So like 3 months ago i enabled dsr from nvidia control panel to 1440p because of a video i watched and wanted to try it so i enabled it for like 20 minutes and suddenly i saw sparks coming from my computer and it stopped displaying. It turns out the HDMI port on both the gpu and the monitor were burnt, the motherboard. I bought a new motherboard and tried the gpu but it doesnt work so i took it to a “computer repair shop” which only checked the gpu for me using the other displayport ports and it doesnt work. Also i think some of the small things on the gpu motherboard might have got damaged. I thought maybe if i changed the ports or something it might work so anybody help.

Last edited:
This is what it looks like So like 3 months ago i enabled dsr from nvidia control panel to 1440p because of a video i watched and wanted to try it so i enabled it for like 20 minutes and suddenly i saw sparks coming from my computer and it stopped displaying. It turns out the HDMI port on both the gpu and the monitor were burnt, the motherboard. I bought a new motherboard and tried the gpu but it doesnt work so i took it to a “computer repair shop” which only checked the gpu for me using the other displayport ports and it doesnt work. Also i think some of the small things on the gpu motherboard might have got damaged. I thought maybe if i changed the ports or something it might work so anybody help.
I'm sorry friend, that GPU is not going to be repairable. You could maybe see if msi will warranty it if it is still under warranty, but they will likely have a few questions and they may not replace it.