pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
I have an old philips crt model : 107s and is has a very persistant and noticable image at the bottom from having been left on with such an image for an extended time.

Is there a software that can clear this up?

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
I have an old philips crt model : 107s and is has a very persistant and noticable image at the bottom from having been left on with such an image for an extended time.

Is there a software that can clear this up?

Probably not. CRTs can burn the phosphor just like a TV.

Robovski

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
I recall that back in the mists of time there was software that promised to help with this, but I don't think it worked (like the software memory enhancer). Really, there isn't much you can do about screen burn - that's what the screensavers were for. I suppose the whole screen could be burnt some to lessen the noticablility of the burnt bit but that seems counter-productive. As pointed out above, it's teh phospors in the film on the CRT that get the burn, and there's no way to service the inside of the tube without destroying the tube.

travbomb

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
The above posters are right on. Burn in on a CRT is permanent just like Plasma. Its all around the dynamics of the machine and heat. Phosphurs stay hot too long in the same place and burn. Thats all there is to it.

Luckily with LCD's the pixels just get stuck in an excited state and it is reversible.

TRENDING THREADS