MOHSIN1K

Honorable
Feb 14, 2019
Hi, I hope you are all doing well. I bought a new AM4 MSI motherboard A520m , along with 5600g. After using it for five days, the PC turned off itself. I tried to turn it ON by resetting
the BIOS and unplugging components, including PSU but it shows no sign of power. I searched online and found that MSI motherboards have crystal issues during rainy or humid environments Nonetheless, I was using a room with air conditioning. so I left it for 10 to 12 hours and then I tried to power it up. Suddenly, it turned on but one mosfet near CPU VRMs
turned red hot and smoked; I immediately turned off the PSU. After 10 minutes or so, I again turned on the PC, and it started working. I ran two R23 Cinebenchs, and it's working. Now I want advice: should I use it with the current motherboard or should I replace it?

Specs :
Msi a520m
Pro 5600g
ram ; 16gb 3200mhz
storage: 512 GB SSD and 1TB hard drive
PSU: corsair cx 500

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Return/replace.

Other things could be wrong with the motherboard either directly or were damaged to some degree by the MOSFET overheating/burning.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Something else may be astray and the next motherboard could meet the same fate.