Businesses Find That Win 7 Saves Time, Money

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I seriously doubt this post!
I have no doubt that Win7 will be an improvement over Vista, but the majority of companies are still with XP!
Compared to XP, only very little gain (if any at all, and/or if not loss) of productivity and money is being noticed!
Yes, it may have better power saving feats, but it takes much more energy to run 7 than to run XP.

They say XP is a dying OS, yes, but still today the majority of businesses have XP, and we're what? 9 years after it's initial release?
Only a small part of small businesses, have migrated to Vista.
In most of the cases it are businesses that had no other choice because their suppliers could not get anything else, or did not want to pay the premium for downgrading.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Um.... sure this like reading clips from my local newspaper.

Yes windows 7 boots up fast, i have yet to see a major slowdown maybe lost a few seconds over the few months of having the RTM.

I just like the fact it has all the drivers for everything I have including the ones I couldn't get anymore from the manufacturer.

And to the guy who said ubuntu... um yeah no directx support and no major game support... so yeah I'll stick with windows.

Sardaukarz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Funny to see how much misinformation is on the net these days.

I have worked on a tablet pc for the last 4 days. Guess what? No Windows 7 drivers! So there is no way I can install the driver for the so called PCI memory interface. Doesn't sound good does it?

I'll wait for SP1 before I recommend installing it at large on the computers.

G

I know for a fact switching my parents to Ubuntu has saved "me" TIME & MONEY.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Sardaukarz[/nom]Funny to see how much misinformation is on the net these days.I have worked on a tablet pc for the last 4 days. Guess what? No Windows 7 drivers! So there is no way I can install the driver for the so called PCI memory interface. Doesn't sound good does it?I'll wait for SP1 before I recommend installing it at large on the computers.[/citation]
I installed Windows 7 on a laptop I bought in January of 07 and it worked just fine, all drivers, everything. That was over a month ago, as well. When I went to the website for the unit, I just picked up the Vista drivers for whatever there wasn't Windows 7 drivers for. Wasn't difficult.

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Well... all you guys saying that Marcus is paid by Apple, this is a Windows article. What do you say now?
I like Windows 7. I wish i could upgrade the Vista computers in my network at work with windows 7. Too bad Ubuntu is not really an option for these computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS