Hi so my friend is selling his P.C. with these specs

H110 gaming motherboard

I3-6100 cpu

Gtx 1050ti msi 4GB

1 tb hardrive

500 watt psu

120 gig ssd
8GB of Ram. 1 stick of DDR4 2133 MHz.
Lmk if I should make an offer or if it’s a good deal. The pc was built last year and he never uses it

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It's a good build for now and for upgrading in the future if the price isn't too high. As it sits, you can run any game at medium settings or better at 1080P rez. I presume it has Win 10 included? Or is he keeping the license for himself?

find out what Power Supply and storage options it has, exactly: Brand / Series.

what case is it in? how is this case setup? include some pictures if you can. for all we know, it could be setup in a $150 case with $100 worth of cooling. this would make it worth the purchase just as a base to upgrade from.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019

what case is it in? how is this case setup? include some pictures if you can. for all we know, it could be setup in a $150 case with $100 worth of cooling. this would make it worth the purchase just as a base to upgrade from.

How do u want me to send pics? I’m new to this site and can’t see add the picture button.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes it’s windows 10, is it worth $350?
I think it is, yes. It has a solid base for upgrading if/when you find that you need more performance. The i3-6100 is a 4 thread CPU, so it will run any game. The GTX 1050 Ti is suitable for xbox-quality graphics. *GB RAM is... enough. Win 10 alone would set you back $100 (retail). If you have any doubt, start pricing those compnents at someplace like Newegg or Amazon.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
My old Athlon II can play CS:GO, lol... The i3-6100 is more capable than you think. But yes, it's still a dual core.
The OP's question was is it worth it, not is it my choice. The components bought separately would cost more than $350... w/o Win10.

mgallo848

Commendable
My old Athlon II can play CS:GO, lol... The i3-6100 is more capable than you think. But yes, it's still a dual core.
The OP's question was is it worth it, not is it my choice. The components bought separately would cost more than $350... w/o Win10.
I understand that but my point was we have no idea what games he plans on trying to play on it. (which is why I said an old game like CS:GO). If he plans on playing modern games he'll have to buy the PC, then spend more money on it to make it relevant to today's game requirements. For 350+ the cost of upgrades he could basically build a new PC for that.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I understand that but my point was we have no idea what games he plans on trying to play on it. (which is why I said an old game like CS:GO). If he plans on playing modern games he'll have to buy the PC, then spend more money on it to make it relevant to today's game requirements. For 350+ the cost of upgrades he could basically build a new PC for that.
Thinking about r6 siege and apex. Those types of games, will it be able to run well?

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Will the pc be able to run games like rainbow six, Apex

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Will the pc be able to run games like rainbow six, Apex
Rainbow 6, yes. Apex, maybe. Your specs are about the minimum for Apex. Single player gaming should be fine, but the extra demand put on the 2C/4T CPU in multiplayer gaming will choke it.

Not enough infor on the 2nd PC. FX or Ryzen? Only FX that would make it worthwhile is an FX-83xx OC'ed. (Still got mine; 4.7GHz)

Last edited: