Buying a refurbished desktop:

Phanay

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I searched for an hour to find a place to ask this question. Sorry if I am in the wrong place.
I have been searching EBay for refurbished desktops and came upon what seems like a great deal.
I do not know what a Compaq is. I have a feeling it is inferior to a desktop.

This is the one I am looking at.
HP Compaq DC7800 Tower Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core. 4GB Memory.
500 GB Hard Drive. 7200RPM SATA
DVD/RW With LightScribe. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Processor, 3.00 speed
Integrated/on-board graphics
Fully updated. All drivers are up to date. Comes with recovery CD's.
30 warranty $189.95

I multitask on my desktops. I use several of the free photo manipulators and have my wordprocessor open ready for me while I do a lot of research on line.
No games. Except for the usual MS Solitary. Check my email, do forum chatting.

I was looking at this refurbished Dell Optiplex desktop pc computer core 2 duo 6 GB 250 GB windows 7 pro 64
It is also Microsoft Authorized but this one has a 1 year warranty for $239.99

I am a great grandmother and really do not know what I am doing when it comes to buying another computer. I don't even know what a lot of those words are. (smile but don't laugh) LOL
I want a computer that is fast for me.
I used to have to bring up 2 or 3 browsers to use at the same time but now they have tabs I can switch between.

Can you help me? The Compaq looks good with its 500GB but has the 30 day warranty.
And for sure I don't know what a Compaq is used for.
Thank you so much for your time in reading this.

Solution
go to Dell's website and chat with their tech support - they will help you choose a computer that suits your needs and should last a very long time - with support should you need it

Phanay

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Thank you very much. . .
I've been looking at the Dell's. I will do that.