[SOLVED] Buying an Honor view 20 as an european (belgium) with the current Huawei status?

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new phone and out of all phones, the Honor view 20 is the only one standing out (price/performance and options wise). Should I, as an European, worry about buying one? I fear google support will be halted sooner or later but would like to ask your opinion.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The probability of Google Support (which is not perpetual, by the way) ending for any phone that's currently in the market is very low indeed barring some sort of law change in a given venue forcing same. Google tends to support pretty much unquestioningly except where the law(s) prevent that.

And in the markets where Huawei is already a major player, you can be sure that there would be a huge outcry were laws the "owning public" feel are unnecessary were proposed.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The probability of Google Support (which is not perpetual, by the way) ending for any phone that's currently in the market is very low indeed barring some sort of law change in a given venue forcing same. Google tends to support pretty much unquestioningly except where the law(s) prevent that.

And in the markets where Huawei is already a major player, you can be sure that there would be a huge outcry were laws the "owning public" feel are unnecessary were proposed.

Solution
For now, nobody knows yet what will happen with Huawei without Google outside China.
How their environement will look like free from Google, Facebook, etc.? I also do not know.
If Huawei offers good deal s and alternatives, I would gladly jump ship and join 'em.