[SOLVED] Buying an unreviewed motherboard

Solution
I have seen these but they only list the specs from the product's official site. No temperature tests no comparisons etc.
I really wouldn't worry much about that. It's an A520 motherboard so there's no overclocking possible.

The one thing that shines is the VRM FET's have an actual heatsink, something missing on most all A320 boards that preceded it. I would only have a concern with this board if running it with a high core count processor, e.g., 3900X/3950X/5900X/5950X and that simply because...why cheap out on the motherboard with such high-end CPU's?

I think it would do just fine with 6 or even 8 core CPU's since, after all, you can't overclock them.

USAFRet

Titan
Nov 23, 2020
https://versus.com/en/msi-mag-a520m-vector-wi-fi
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDELLY_r_mQ
I have seen these but they only list the specs from the product's official site. No temperature tests no comparisons etc.

I really wouldn't worry much about that. It's an A520 motherboard so there's no overclocking possible.

The one thing that shines is the VRM FET's have an actual heatsink, something missing on most all A320 boards that preceded it. I would only have a concern with this board if running it with a high core count processor, e.g., 3900X/3950X/5900X/5950X and that simply because...why cheap out on the motherboard with such high-end CPU's?

I think it would do just fine with 6 or even 8 core CPU's since, after all, you can't overclock them.

Solution
Nov 23, 2020

Thanks for advices. I am planning to run it with an apu. 4350g probably. I might replace the cpu later and add a gpu. Maybe after a year or.so. Yes I liked the fact therr is a heatsink plus there is wifi ! So strange for such a good entry offer there isnt enough comments. Only 1 in amazon.

Thanks for advices. I am planning to run it with an apu. 4350g probably. I might replace the cpu later and add a gpu. Maybe after a year or.so. Yes I liked the fact therr is a heatsink plus there is wifi ! So strange for such a good entry offer there isnt enough comments. Only 1 in amazon.
People opt for B550 at least since...well...it allows overclocking. And it's so much cheaper in the AMD ecosystem.

Reactions: zentral13