buzzing noise comming from pc

Bill Hilly579

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
for some odd reason I could hear a buzzing sound coming out of my pc case.

im not sure wheres its coming from as it really hard to pin point down.

I tried disabling my h100iv2 cooler with its fans,disabling my mechanical hdd and my case fans, and the buzzing noise still happens.

i even tried playing with my gtx 1070 gamming x fans to see if the sound triggers or not,still wont replicate the sound

and the worse part is that it happens randomly.even if im surfing the web or idling.

I tried playing demanding games maxed out like project cars and doom,the buzzing wont happen.it only happens when it wants regardless if my pc is been stressed or not.

now let me make it clear.i know what coil whine is and what it sounds like.but this isn't the coil whine I hear from my gpu.this one is quite different as gpu coil whine a low feint buzzing noise.the one I'm complaining about is just loud enough to hear out of my case regardless if pc is on load or not.

https://vimeo.com/239332922

btw the video was taken when I was in my the bios settings.

if someone can help me with this id appreciate it alot

gaborbarla

Distinguished

From the video it is hard to discern what noise it is that you mention but it does sound like a fan grinding. There is a fan noise of some sort I think but I think you said you eliminated the fans from the problem. It could very well be a power supply issue, or even a fan issue with the power supply. Is it possible that a fan is touching on cable or the bearings are damaged?
Could also be a vibration issue of a heat sink or fan being slightly loose but that would create more a zing noise instead of a buzz like that.

Try taking a sheet of paper and making a funnel with it to your ear and try to go through each component. If the noise gets louder over a specific component then you found the source of the sounds. It definitely sounds like a fan noise, you can even hear the RPM in the noise. It sounds as if it is coming from the front top of your case according to the last bit of the video.

Bill Hilly579

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
1 thing I also tried doing was testing out my psu fan speed to see if I could replicate that sound but still nothing happens.i tried nearly everything and I cant seem to pin point it down.im not sure if this has anything to do with fan noise right now.i tried that funnel ear trick and I still cant pinpoint it down.thats how tricky it is.

TRENDING THREADS