Question Buzzing noise from my PC, is it damaged ?

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Buzzing noise from my pc, is it damaged?

Hey, hope everyone is doing good? so I have some builders coming today and decided in case they need to cut the power, I should unplug and turn everything off. But I noticed when I slightly pressed down the PSU switch on the back of my pc, a slight buzzing came off it. I switched it off and left it. Was this normal? I got a bit paranoid and came back and I also flipped the switch on and off a few times fast and it doesn't make the noise. Is my pc fine? Also does flipping the switch a few times cause damage also?

Buzzing noise from my pc, is it damaged?

Hey, hope everyone is doing good? so I have some builders coming today and decided in case they need to cut the power, I should plug out and turn everything off. But I noticed when I slightly pressed down the power switch on the back of my pc, a slight buzzing came off it. I switched it off and left it. Was this normal? I got a bit paranoid and came back and I also flipped the switch on and off a few times fast and it doesn't make the noise. Is my pc fine? Also does flipping the switch few times cause damage also?
If you do it too slowly it may create a spark and make buzzing noise, not dangerous.