Question Buzzing sound in my headphones.

Oct 7, 2020
Whenever I play a game, for example: RDR2 or BF5, the buzzing noise is insane. I tried playing Zomboid and it was almost nonexistent. I've tried plugging my headphones from the back and still the issue remains. Please help me as I've just got this PC and I'm pretty bummed out rn.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Whenever I play a game, for example: RDR2 or BF5, the buzzing noise is insane. I tried playing Zomboid and it was almost nonexistent. I've tried plugging my headphones from the back and still the issue remains. Please help me as I've just got this PC and I'm pretty bummed out rn.

Hi @MetroKid23

Welcome to the forums. :)

• What is the exact headset you have?
  • Did you build the PC or buy it pre-made? New or used?
  • Buzzing, while not always, is often due to poor grounding. Verify that everything looks kosher and there aren't any loose or otherwise odd looking cables.
  • Whats the make & model of your motherboard? Updated drivers?
  • Do you have a ton of RGB &/or speakers on your desk? Move/remove them/power them off. Older &/or cheaper speaker sets often didn't have the best shielding. If you are plugged into the front, try the back & vice versa. (Just saw you already did so nm) If in the back, disconnect the Audio header on your motherboard to bypass the front audio jack. (Hail mary shot but it has happened before that the front audio port was bad.
  • Does your headset have a built in mic? If so, tried disabling it?
  • Tried the headset on another PC or device? (Phone, MP3 player ets.)
  • Do you have an add-in sound card you could try to bypass the onboard.
  • Is your PC plugged directly into the wall or via a surge protector?

Oct 7, 2020
Hi @MetroKid23

• Buzzing, while not always, is often due to poor grounding. Verify that everything looks kosher and there aren't any loose or otherwise odd looking cables.
  • Do you have a ton of RGB &/or speakers on your desk? Move/remove them/power them off. Older &/or cheaper speaker sets often didn't have the best shielding. If you are plugged into the front, try the back & vice versa. (Just saw you already did so nm) If in the back, disconnect the Audio header on your motherboard to bypass the front audio jack. (Hail mary shot but it has happened before that the front audio port was bad.

I'm using hyperx cloud revolver s. And no, I bought it premade. I just upgraded my motherboard and CPU, I used to have this problem before but it was very mild so i forgot about it. Now it's really loud and very noticeable. And about the cables... I have no idea how anything can look odd, there's a lot of cables lol. I'm using the Z490 Gaming ax x , and have already updated everything and nothing. I've already disabled the mic and still the same thing too. And what d o you mean add-in sound card that I could try to bypass the onboard? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie to this lol. And everything is connected to a surge protector, I've already tried just plugging directly into the wall and still nothing sadly.

Oct 7, 2020
Hi @MetroKid23

I've also noticed that if I look up in games the sound gets a tiny bit quieter and when i look forward or just around me the sound is back to being loud af. I'll show you my cable managment hopefully this'll help.

Last edited: