C:/Windows/System32/! PLEASSEEE HELP ME

daniioxox

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
I have a compaq computer windows and everything i touch on files or want to download something from online , it wont let me its says "C;/Windows/System32/ in EVERYTHING! please help me and its says it will do updates but nothing happens please help me !

Solution
I hope that you backup your data, if so a clean reinstall would be best if you have an installer disk. Otherwise, a repair installation might save your data.

If you don't have installation media, then restore from the OEM partition, as I assume that you did not build this computer. Your manual will have a section on how to do that, but your data may be lost if you make the wrong selections, so be sure before choosing a path.

Perhaps you should consider using a freeware program like CCleaner in the future though, it is good for cleaning up computers but keeping important stuff.

daniioxox

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014

I was looking at folders because my computer was running slow , so i starting deleted files , so i guess i deleted important files,
but you think you can help me ?

USAFRet

Titan

Oh my.

USAFRet

Titan

Deleted files are...deleted.
Given hands on, someone sufficiently experienced might be able to fix it, but probably not.

What OS is it?

ColbertsHeaddesk.jpg

daniioxox

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014

im sorry buts whats a OS ? ugh im useless on this

USAFRet

Titan

itagjjd.jpg

OS = Operating System. In your case, it's Windows. What we'd like to know is which version. Is it Windows Vista? 7? 8? 8.1?

In any case, this is very much a hands-on problem. I would recommend taking it to someone who knows how to fix it.

RealBeast

Titan
I hope that you backup your data, if so a clean reinstall would be best if you have an installer disk. Otherwise, a repair installation might save your data.

If you don't have installation media, then restore from the OEM partition, as I assume that you did not build this computer. Your manual will have a section on how to do that, but your data may be lost if you make the wrong selections, so be sure before choosing a path.

Perhaps you should consider using a freeware program like CCleaner in the future though, it is good for cleaning up computers but keeping important stuff.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS