bill

How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either by
going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
Thanks!
--
Bill Allen

In news:BC76B6F9-EBC1-485A-A1B6-445A64E38D22@microsoft.com,
Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my
> calculator,
> either by going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably
> both? I
> run windows xp. Thanks!

You create a shortcut to Calc.exe the same way you create a
shortcut to any other program. There's more than one way to do
this, but here's an easy way:

For the desktop, navigate to c:\windows\system32\calc.exe and
right-drag it to the desktop. Release the mouse button and choose
"Create shortcut here."

For the Start menu, repeat, this time right-dragging it to
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Start Menu\Programs

Please reply to the newsgroup

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either by
> going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
> Thanks!
> --
> Bill Allen

Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you can
use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.

"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either
>> by
>> going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Bill Allen
>
> Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
> choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).
>
> You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you can
> use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

But that won't work if they have "Classic Start Menu" running, as opposed to
the Start menu.

> You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
> icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.

> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either
>>> by
>>> going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
>>> Thanks!
>>> --
>>> Bill Allen
>>
>> Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
>> choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).
>>
>> You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
>> can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

I just type calc in Start Run

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:uZV140eHFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> But that won't work if they have "Classic Start Menu" running, as opposed to
> the Start menu.

>> You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
>> icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.
>>
>> --
>> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
>>> choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).
>>>
>>> You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
>>> can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

Clickers and scriptors are to computers what squeezers and rollers are to
toothpaste tubes. No common ground!

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I just type calc in Start Run

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> But that won't work if they have "Classic Start Menu" running, as opposed
> the Start menu.

>> You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
>> icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.
>>
>> --
>> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on
>>> it,
>>> choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).
>>>
>>> You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
>>> can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

But one then click Staret - Run, down arrow, calc. It's easier with a mouse than the start menu access.

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message news:u9SoMi0HFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Clickers and scriptors are to computers what squeezers and rollers are to
> toothpaste tubes. No common ground!

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> I just type calc in Start Run

> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>> But that won't work if they have "Classic Start Menu" running, as opposed
>> the Start menu.
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
>>> icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

Not when pinned to the Start Menu. Start - click. Are you a squeezer or a
roller? No one does both. :)