Call of Duty: Black Ops Getting Dedicated Servers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carpwrist

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
This really isn't a good solution. You should fix your title to say something more accurate:
"Black Ops Getting Dedicated Servers... at a cost to you. "

Or more truthfully, "Why you shouldn't buy any game spawned from Activision."

JamesDodds

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. I held out on buying mw2 for a few months, then gave it a whirl. It was worth it, but I'm not kidding when the wallhackers really tick me off. I really feel that activision just did the 'iwnet' just to make people pay for mappacks. But it was a clear lie from you know where when they said it would stop cheating. If they don't want people to torrent their games, they should make them worth the money.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
but I have to wonder what was so hard about making it so anyone could just create their own server anywhere...

bf2, maybe even tf2.. all these let you just download a dedicated server client, free, that you could run on any thing. WTF is so hard about that??

oh, but then I suppose Activision wouldn't be making tons of money from gameservers.com... just activision... still trying to "monetize" everything...

yeah, go on, say I'm just complaining. but the fact is Activision are still massive w***ers.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]soundping[/nom]Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory still works for me.[/citation]

Played the other night, and had a lot of fun. The best game of all time.

i wont buy this right away. will wait for a review and how the pings are.

but if this one is as expensive as mw2, it better be one heck of a game before i buy it. bfbc2 is like half the price of mw2, and it plays better imo. wish i never bought mw2

Tuilalcaron

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I know I will just be getting Medal of Honor instead of this, no matter what they do to it. MW2 ruined any respect i had for Activision and Infinity Ward and can never see me buying another CoD game again

chillygoose

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Limiting dedicated servers to one vendor will not stop people from cheating. It will be up to the admins to control who has access. I have pre-ordered medal of honor and will not purchase Black Ops. They are trying to turn the PC gaming into a more console setup to control pirating/cheating and neither have worked.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]So no LAN play at large LAN parties. Oh well, there goes that fanbase.[/citation]

Its long gone... Since MW2 to be exact.

G

Help. I need help. I'm not an expert an gaming, just having fun. Have the PS3 with the COD Black ops. When I get to the Destroy the ZSU gun emplacement, my screen is blak and cannot see anything. At first i thought it was the game, so I took it back, got a new one. Well it is happening to the second game. I'm totally lost. any suggestions? Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.