Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Graphics Performance, Benchmarked

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Isn't the reason this game requires a decent GPU because it ONLY supports DirectX 11? I have a 4 year old laptop with an Nvidia 9600M GT that could play any of the previous COD titles on high detail at 720p with a solid framerate. BLOPS 2 I get around 20 fps at most with low/medium settings.

linaaslt

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
Disappointing review from Toms, not the first time i see them being one sided. Must be money after all....
the game doesn't bring any improvements, and buying it makes no sense, MP is a big mess, why run and shoot, run and shoot, BORING, might be only interesting for kids, not more. Quake was also run and shoot but God, that required some skills, while here you need mouse and a keyboard or joystick and that's it.
But nonetheless they marketing team does a grate job, maybe with new consoles games graphic quality will improve and that will make game more enjoyable.

sid3695

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
toms hardware mainly covers about gameplay .... how is the story??? ,..... most of the reviews say its good .... but some people deny

apocalypsing

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I'm surprised that even though the engine is getting old and is used by older CoD games, it doesn't perform the same as it does in the older CoD games. CoD 4 performs really well on my 2GB HD 7870 with the setting maxed out (the FPS becomes overkill). But the benchmarks here seem to state that a HD 7870 will score around 50 FPS in BLOPS 2, compare that with BF3; a more graphically demanding game, where a HD 7870 scores around 60-70 FPS (dependent on in-game environment) with the ultra preset at 1080p.

slayerbizkit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Currently running a Sapphire 5850 1GB card and this game runs like trash @ Max. All my other COD games, hell all my other games, period, run great @ Max but not Black Ops 2. I don't see a difference in graphics. Is this game really an upgrade or was it just coded/ported poorly?

archy1985

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
This is not true at all.... I have an HD 7950 WF3 3gb gddr5 and on max graphics 1920.1080 i never ever have less then 150 fps.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]archy1985[/nom]This is not true at all.... I have an HD 7950 WF3 3gb gddr5 and on max graphics 1920.1080 i never ever have less then 150 fps.[/citation]

Then you've simply never checked your FPS during a demanding level.

Try a FRAPS benchmark run in Celerium.

Status
Not open for further replies.