Jun 13, 2010
I have a dell dimensions E520
specs are:
Core 2 duo E6600 2.4Ghz, 4MB cache, 1066Mhz FSB
4 GB corsair XMS2 800Mhz FSB.
xfx ati hd 6770 1GB GDDR-5
Cooler master PSU 500 watt.
160 GB hardrive seagate

I think my PC is good enough to run Call of duty on high settings but it runs slow.. both of these games MW2 and MW3 as both of these are made on the same engine.. Black ops run quite good. ive played crysis 2 on full settings with DX11.
The problem also comes up with NFS the run, the game runs as if i were playing it in slow motion. it doesnt look like the car is going above 250 300 KMPH. GTA liberty city stories also run smooth on very high settings above 30fps.
Kindly tell me/ advice me how can i get rid of these problems.
I cant even play COD MW2 and MW3 on full low settings. The gameplay is veryy slow..

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
Both MW2 and MW3 are built on the same engine so i dnt think there would b any difference.. and ive played MW3 when it was released with the latest drivers but is was still slow...

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I'd clean my drivers (with a driver cleaner) and reinstall them. It definitely sounds like a software issue (be it the drivers themselves or some add-on software that might be causing it).

I'm not familiar with ATI drivers but I'd download the "Safe" version as oppose to any BETA drivers you might have installed if it be the case.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Well, your GPU is excellent. A good mid-range GPU that should handle 90% of today's games at high visual settings.

Unfortunately, console ports often rely pretty heavily on the CPU and RAM (why they do, I have no idea - but that is definitely the tendency).

I would say your CPU is only a dual-core (Hyper-threading don't apply), and your RAM is low budget and very slow by today's standards. I would wager you are on Vista, so there goes 50% of your memory, right there.

I know that most everyone would disagree, but I am not most everyone.

You are bottlenecked.

Download this...

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Once installed, right click on the shortcut and launch using game booster. See if that helps you.

Edit: I may have misunderstood. Do you mean LAG? Or slow motion irrespective of your frame rate? If the latter is the case, it is probably a driver issue as everyone has said.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Does your Dell motherboard allow for any kind of overclocking, memory- or cpu wise? 'cause strict timings on your ram and a bit of extra Mhz on that processor would do wonders I think.

The game engine is as old as your cpu, so it really shouldn't be a problem, but I'd look into BIOS tweaking if I were you ;)

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
Well i also think that something is bottle-necking and it is my motherboard which is very old.. "intel 965g"
I dont think the ram is slow because this is a gaming ram though is old but still good enough to play the MW2. If my problem with MW2 is over than there wouldnt be any problem with MW3.

I'll try the gamebooster. but the thing is that why is crysis 2 running on full settings and giving me more than 30fps??

MW2 is definitely not more heavy than Crysis 2 or black ops..

Does MW2 require CPU support more than Crysis 2 requires?

or is there anything else?
Im confused..!!

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
dell computers dont allow overclocking and i think overclocking wont help because a friend of mine has a veryyyy old computer with dg945 motherboard. and GT440 graphic card and a Pentium 4 HT processor. His PC runs MW2 and MW3 on full settings. i dnt know why this problem is occuring....

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Oddly enough, Crysis 2 was one of the rare console ports that relies mostly on the GPU. Most console ports are pretty CPU intensive.

You GPU is great, your CPU is not.

Try game booster. Right click on your game shortcuts and select "launch with game booster".

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

Ive tried gamebooster but it didnt really helped. It improved the gameplay a bit but it wasnt good enough for me to play the game...
And as u said my CPU isnt great enough.. As i stated above, a friend of mine plays MW2 on a Pentium 4 HT processor.. which is definitely not better than my processor...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Your friend play it, but you need to check various variables, like the resolution, the graphics tweaking, etc...

I agree that your cpu is not enough, i used to have one e8400 with 9800gtx+ and when i bought 560ti, and i noticed that some games keep lagging with some settings, this happens because those games are very cpu dependant and there will be lag no matter what is your GPU, so i changed the cpu and there it is, game run smooth.

What you have to do if you don't want to change your cpu+motherboard, you need to optimize the graphics for your cpu, most likely this slow motion you say, is caused when Vertical Sync is on, turn it off, also you will need to turn off anti-aliasing in most of games,etc, also check your resolution when playing, this changes a lot of fps, if your graphics are too low and keep lagging lower resolution is the only option...

I Also noticed you have only 160gb of Disk space make sure there is more than 10gb of free space, when it is full you will notice some performance drop in all system...

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
it will be your cpu

turn all the settings for it down

it was a bit jerky for me with an core 2 duo e7600 and an ati hd 4670

just upgraded to core i5 and works perfectly

you have to manually edit the config file to get it to work well with that cpu (i know i did it to get the game to work properly)

are you sure there are no programs running in the background sucking up resorces

(i havent tried mw2 but ive tried mw3. black ops wont run on your cpu period its very cpu intensive

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

Ok ill try changing my motherboard and CPU.. It'll take some time though :p

ahsum_gulzar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

Ive played black ops and it runs ok.. without any lag... well, ill change my cpu and mobo then...

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Black Ops is different.

Black Ops was done by Treyarch, and may have been coded differently to run on PC.

MW2/MW3 is Infinity Ward.

Console Ports are notorious for wreaking havoc on CPU's. I know it sucks.

I have dual 6970's and I can't get 60fps in GTA4 or Skyrim unless I overclock. That's pathetic.

Something else you can try...

System Explorer.

http://systemexplorer.net/

It is launched via executable and doesn't install.

So alt-tab out of your game, launch it, and set the priority of the game to "Real Time". Make sure it is running on both cores.

Keep it running.

Then, go back into your game and see if that helps.