Call of Duty Steam Sale - Which one should I buy?

dylanmoody

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Maybe some of you have noticed that the entire Call of Duty franchise is 50% off on Steam this weekend. I only wanted to buy one of them that were $9.99 so I'm torn between CoD4, MW2, or WaW. If WaW is anything like the 360 version, it's full of hackers and I've heard mixed things about the hackers in the other 2. So I guess what I'm asking is, which do you think I should buy based on hackers and number of players?

Solution
I want to say do not listen to people who have only grown up with Black Ops 1 and higher.

I have played every single COD and own all but one. I can tell you that as the games progress the quality declines. Here are the best three options:

Modern Warfare 1 (COD 4): this game is a legend, and it makes me sad that no kids today even know about it. They are all "MW3 yay" and never even considered or thought about 1. This game was the prime of COD, and what makes it great is the maps and simplicity. The campaign was great and it was the first ever modern Call of Duty. It is better than MW2 because it is a lot less cheap I tell you and all the hackers are gone from this game now online. People still play online.

World At War (COD...

borko3fkovix

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014

Get battlefiled 3.

I want to say do not listen to people who have only grown up with Black Ops 1 and higher.

I have played every single COD and own all but one. I can tell you that as the games progress the quality declines. Here are the best three options:

Modern Warfare 1 (COD 4): this game is a legend, and it makes me sad that no kids today even know about it. They are all "MW3 yay" and never even considered or thought about 1. This game was the prime of COD, and what makes it great is the maps and simplicity. The campaign was great and it was the first ever modern Call of Duty. It is better than MW2 because it is a lot less cheap I tell you and all the hackers are gone from this game now online. People still play online.

World At War (COD 5): This game is very close to WWII and has great maps and introduces Nazi Zombies (when they were actually called Nazi Zombies). From large maps to small maps and a stunning campaign, you almost want to sign up for the next war in your country.

COD 3: There is something so nostalgic about it. If you are looking for a totally fantastic campaign and a multiplayer where you can drive motorized vehicles, the only game you can, and tons of tanks and jeeps, go for it! The music is beautiful too.

Solution

ghillieguy007

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014

I have played every cod since cod 3. I recommended Black Ops 2 because alot of people still play it

Black Ops 2 had bad multiplayer in my opinion. There were a smaller number of maps without the map pack purchases and the zombies (at least Transit) did not match that of BO1. From a personal standpoint I find it much more a treasure to own a very old cod like COD4 which people do still play online and to experience the game as it once was.

ghillieguy007

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014

well said my friend :)