Question Call Of Duty Warzone - Lowering my CPU frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffnuff

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys, Random question here,

So yesterday I installed a new motherboard on my computer (MSI z390 Carbon Gaming) and it seems to be running better than ever, I have an overclock of 4.7ghz on my i5 8600k @1.280v, it runs flawlessly on every game and seemed to be perfect, so today I sat down to try call of duty warzone, and it opens fine, however, the game is lowering my CPU clock from 47 to 43 and then down to 41, when closing the game it doesn't revert the freq so I have to reboot then its back to its original clock speed, I've tested every other game to see if it does the same and it doesn't, So call of duty is the only game that is doing this, I've searched around online and haven't really found any information that helps, Ive ran stress tests with my cpu with intel burn test and OCCT, and even prime95 and it had no issues at all, so I really have no idea what this could be and why it is only on one game?

I do notice however when the freq lowers my desktop wallpaper looks slightly different maybe more defined and more color, I've been using computers for 20 years and never seen an issue like this before, at first I thought it would do it for all games, but only for call of duty, I've had endless problems with this game, but this is a new one for me.

So I'm wondering if you guys have any idea at all what this might be?

Thanks for your help

H

Reactions: evan333

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
This is a weird one. I would try two things; Do a BIOS update on your motherboard. Then run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and do a clean and restart. Once your back up install the latest video drivers.

If it still does it then go to BIOS and set everything to restore to defaults then do your overclock over again. Hit me up after all this and let me know.

May 14, 2020
Because you guys are fixing to much on a game that runs dx12, and we all know the dx12 its not that optimize, this game looks so ugly, comparing to bf5 and more games out there, if the game runs flawless buddy, ignore the usage, core, temperature close that softwares, and play the game, this new hype games they are build to run bad, so you can buy new hardware, cod has the same engine from 2004, ugly as..... so much blurr, crap texture, if the other game run so well, be happy and ignore this one buddy! apologize i got crap english!
PS: for cod you need a ssd(for how big are the patches, and game itself ) special for him and 32giga rams, this is how you bait people, like a i said, to buy new hardware :p

Because you guys are fixing to much on a game that runs dx12, and we all know the dx12 its not that optimize, this game looks so ugly, comparing to bf5 and more games out there, if the game runs flawless buddy, ignore the usage, core, temperature close that softwares, and play the game, this new hype games they are build to run bad, so you can buy new hardware, cod has the same engine from 2004, ugly as..... so much blurr, crap texture, if the other game run so well, be happy and ignore this one buddy! apologize i got crap english!
PS: for cod you need a ssd(for how big are the patches, and game itself ) special for him and 32giga rams, this is how you bait people, like a i said, to buy new hardware :p

Odd, I played last years Call of duty, it looked fine to me.

Hey guys, Random question here,

So yesterday I installed a new motherboard on my computer (MSI z390 Carbon Gaming) and it seems to be running better than ever, I have an overclock of 4.7ghz on my i5 8600k @1.280v...

H

Your motherboard BIOS controls this. If you do not know how to tinker with your BIOS I suggest you leave it alone. You can force the CPU to run 4.7GHz as long as temperatures and voltage remain in spec.

Jul 26, 2020
Your motherboard BIOS controls this. If you do not know how to tinker with your BIOS I suggest you leave it alone. You can force the CPU to run 4.7GHz as long as temperatures and voltage remain in spec.

I'm having similar issues - It started doing it on Warzone but seen that its doing it on other games now as well.

Tried forcing the OC to 4.9, regardless of that, it still drops. I have seen that before.!! Nothing stops it dropping back down to stock and temps are good, voltage was put down to 1.25

Status
Not open for further replies.