Camera and Scanner Does not Load for Camera

Falstaff

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2003

testHi Edward.

Oh, yes, the camera is being seen by the computer. If I select
anything else on the autoplay list, it executes and functions as
expected (Print, Picassa, Explore, etc etc). It is only the Camera and
Scanner Wizard that does not display.

I've tried plugging into other available USB ports, the generate a new
registry entry when the "new" hardware is discovered. No help.

I do get a sound when attached.

--
Falstaff
Falstaff's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=563

Jimmy

I had same problem with my camera not opening up the wizard when plugged in.
I got the sound and an icon showing I had plugged in, but it just showed as a
USB mass storage device. I was told that "real Player" causes the problem.
I removed real player and my camera works like it should. I plug it in to
USB and XP opens up the camera wizard asking me what to do with photos.