Question Can’t connect to Plex via wired connection

ViolaMB

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2014
hello. please for the love of god if somebody has any idea or suggestions please help. long story short, my 1 year old Samsung TV can always connect to my Plex Media Server when my TV is connected on WIFI, but just doesn’t want to connect when my TV is connected with a ethernet cable. i can't use WIFI because the signal strenght is pretty bad and it buffers nonstop if i don't lower the quality a lot. also when connected with cable, apps like youtube and similar all work really fast, only Plex doesn't connect to my Plex Media Server.

my Plex Media Server is on my desktop PC and the TV is Samsung UE55KU6072. i can give any additional information if you please just ask me...

Last edited:
Plex box IP? is it static?

Talk to me like am a child, tell me exactly what u do when this works, what remote buttons do u push, what do you see on screen (be concise and brief).

So tell me the same thing when it doesn't work.

If u feel up to it, take a video and post on utube.

ViolaMB

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: jonathang79

kanewolf

Titan
hello. please for the love of god if somebody has any idea or suggestions please help. long story short, my 1 year old Samsung TV can always connect to my Plex Media Server when my TV is connected on WIFI, but just doesn’t want to connect when my TV is connected with a ethernet cable. i can't use WIFI because the signal strenght is pretty bad and it buffers nonstop if i don't lower the quality a lot. also when connected with cable, apps like youtube and similar all work really fast, only Plex doesn't connect to my Plex Media Server.

my Plex Media Server is on my desktop PC and the TV is Samsung UE55KU6072. i can give any additional information if you please just ask me...
List all the network hardware you are using.