Question Can’t install windows 10/SSD won’t boot windows 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 16, 2020
Ok, I’ve tried every thread and forum I could find on installing windows 10 pro on my m.2
(NVME M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus) drive. I’ve tried partitioning the drive, I’ve tried disabling CSM and switching to UFEI but the bios won’t detect either the usb installer and the m.2, I’ve tried switch the drive between GPT and MBR, still get the same problem

“We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files”

specs-
MB: B450M Bazooka Max WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x 6 core
Ram: 16GB
Storage: NVME M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus
GC: RX 570

Aug 16, 2020
At this point I suspect a corrupt bios on this board. I'd contact MSI support as the board is new and should be under warranty
I wonder, I did read a thread, something similar to my problem, but they said something about the graphics card not supporting UEFI, the person with the problem, then replaced the graphics card and windows booted. Wether or not this false, is is possible for the graphics card to be a problem? I’m not sure.

As to how it happens, just consider it the nature of electronics. All it takes is a single bit error in the right place to cause corruption, when this affects software of any sort it leads to malfunction. I've seen boards do this before and it may need to be exchanged ti get it working. There was nothing in particular that you did or that I can point to aside from manufacturing defects. With the number of transistors in modern computers it's a wonder parts are as reliable as they are.

Now as to other possibilities it feels like all other reasonable chances have been ruled out. Even with the different ways the OS can be installed on a board like this one modern bios are a lot smarter than those of some previous generations. It should automatically detect how the OS is set up and should not need much manual configuration just to boot.

I wonder, I did read a thread, something similar to my problem, but they said something about the graphics card not supporting UEFI, the person with the problem, then replaced the graphics card and windows booted. Wether or not this false, is is possible for the graphics card to be a problem? I’m not sure.

With all modern parts I wouldn't expect that to be an issue. We are in a transition regarding storage technology and boot processes- MBR to GPT and BIOS to UEFI, HDD to SSD and AHCI to NVMe, etc but current generation vid cards are fully UEFI ready. It is still reasonable to try booting off on board graphics if available but current Ryzen chips with only a few exceptions require a discrete card, lacking integrated gpu

Aug 16, 2020
With all modern parts I wouldn't expect that to be an issue. We are in a transition regarding storage technology and boot processes- MBR to GPT and BIOS to UEFI, HDD to SSD and AHCI to NVMe, etc but current generation vid cards are fully UEFI ready. It is still reasonable to try booting off on board graphics if available but current Ryzen chips with only a few exceptions require a discrete card, lacking integrated gpu
Ok, I figured that, I’ll go ahead and contact MSI tomorrow, see what they can do, I’ll get back to you when I get the new mother board.

Aug 16, 2020
ok well MSI was no help, said Bios isn’t corrupt, also no help with getting windows to boot, I’m lost, I’ve opened up another forum on Linus Tech Tips to see if I get more opinions and suggestions.

I’m completely and utterly lost