[SOLVED] Can’t open any game using easy anti cheat

Apr 2, 2020
Hello I have recently rebuild my pc and since that I haven’t been able to open any game that uses easy anti cheat such as fornite, paladins and PUBG. I have tried repairing it. I have tried everything recommended on the easy cheat troubleshooting page. I have gone as far as completely wiping my pc and reinstalling windows via USB flash drive. I also wiped all storage drives. Still can’t launch it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Solution
I discovered the issue after reinstalling windows once again, first I disabled the q-installer in the BIOS, not sure if this did anything. But after I downloaded everything I need and after each download I tested paladins to make sure it worked. It worked up to the point where I adjusted my nvidia control panel settings. I restored those to default then planned to go through them one by one but it stopped working at the first setting I changed. Image Sharpening. Games with easy anti cheat work fine now. Fortnite, Pubg, and Paladins wont launch problem SOLVED! Thanks guys for the responses!
Apr 2, 2020
You should check if your hardware drivers load any software suits,some monitoring tools that check statistics and specially those that show them on screen can cause anti-cheat to freak out.
Try to disable them and if that doesn't change anything try even uninstalling them.
Not sure what these would even be or where I would find them. I’m a hands on guy so anything on the programming side I’m helpless with.

Apr 2, 2020
List your hardware,do you let windows download all the drivers automatically or do you install specific drivers?
I just let windows update. Didn’t install anything on my own other then discord and software for my devices. (G hub , Astro command center) I did let my motherboard launch Q-installer and let it download a few things like Intel rapid storage technology and a few other things.

I just let windows update. Didn’t install anything on my own other then discord and software for my devices. (G hub , Astro command center) I did let my motherboard launch Q-installer and let it download a few things like Intel rapid storage technology and a few other things.
Now we are cooking,this can contain bloatware and cause problems.
You should uninstall one at a time and see if the problem stops,or wait maybe until someone that knows these softwares chimes in.
A simple search of "anti-cheat G hub" in google already shows some people having troubles with that one.

Apr 2, 2020
Now we are cooking,this can contain bloatware and cause problems.
You should uninstall one at a time and see if the problem stops,or wait maybe until someone that knows these softwares chimes in.
A simple search of "anti-cheat G hub" in google already shows some people having troubles with that one.
Hmm, I will uninstall g hub and give it a try. With out it how would I adjust my mouses dpi tho? I guess that’s a question for later if it works

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, it would have made sense, after a clean install, to have installed and tested the games before any other additional hardware, outside the GPU drivers. By doing so, you've given yourself additional headaches in trying to diagnose the problem!

Apr 2, 2020
Yeah, it would have made sense, after a clean install, to have installed and tested the games before any other additional hardware, outside the GPU drivers. By doing so, you've given yourself additional headaches in trying to diagnose the problem!
I seem to be good at that, should of seen my rebuild process. Went fully backwards when doing it 😂 purchased a gpu. Installed it. Then got a new cpu to find out my mother board from my pre build was limited so I couldn’t update my bios so I had to get a new one. Installed all that, then got new RAM. Then decided I wanted a new case with a glass panel and more airflow, got that and then pretty much redid everything I had just done.

I will be uninstalling everything with the Q installer tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it fixes my problem!

Apr 2, 2020
nothing has worked, I read somewhere that Asus arua can effect it and disabling “lighting service” would fix it. Couldn’t find that program. I can’t find a way to know what the q-installer downloaded. Unless anyone has suggestions I’m at a stand still.

Apr 2, 2020
I discovered the issue after reinstalling windows once again, first I disabled the q-installer in the BIOS, not sure if this did anything. But after I downloaded everything I need and after each download I tested paladins to make sure it worked. It worked up to the point where I adjusted my nvidia control panel settings. I restored those to default then planned to go through them one by one but it stopped working at the first setting I changed. Image Sharpening. Games with easy anti cheat work fine now. Fortnite, Pubg, and Paladins wont launch problem SOLVED! Thanks guys for the responses!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS