Can 1024x768 montior handle 5770 or 5750?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amdpcfreak2010

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
i want to know if i can get 5770 if anyone told me to get a hd montior..
but i'm kinda on budget and kinda want to play now at max out setting
for game..i hope anyone can advise me for my pc.. mine's gigabyte 890gx
955 be,4gb gskill and my corsair 750tx..hmm. i hope i can get it solved without
wasting on new montior.

Solution
That's probably a good monitor; it looks a lot like the one I got, but without HDMI.

Mine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236079

And my review of it back in February:

Pros: No dead pixels. Uniform brightness edge to edge. Viewing angles very good. Good price. Stand seems sturdy enough. Perfectly clear at native resolution. Fantastic amount of room on my Windows Desktop, and Guild Wars looks great.

Cons: I'd prefer a more center-mounted power button; care is needed not to turn the monitor when pressing the button on this one.

Other Thoughts: Using DVI connection from a HD4850. I have not tried the speakers, but I didn't plan to use them.

Since then, nothing has happened to or with it to alter my 5-star...

CKLayoka

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
You might consider a 1920 x 1200 resolution. It is 16:10, which is much more aesthetically pleasing for office and desktop use. Works great for games. I know that's a bit subjective, but 16:10 is much closer to the golden ratio which is scientifically proven to be more aesthetic than 16:9. I use 1920 x 1200 and It's great. I find them much moire "balanced" and elegant.

Or maybe I'm just a freak who takes it too seriously.

CKLayoka

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I buy my monitors used. Much cheaper, and I have never had a dead pixel. But if I ever did, I would be able to return it through eBay/amazon to the vendor--unlike NEWEGG, which will not even refund a monitor if it has less than 8 dead pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.