[SOLVED] Can 8gb ddr4 2400mhz single channel ram cause rtx 2070 to bottleneck with i7 7700k?

Namelessxlr

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
I recently upgraded from a 1060 3gb to a rtx 2070 thinking it would be a good upgrade.Thinking my ram wasn't good enough i ordered a corsair venegeance 2x8 3600mhz ddr4 cl20 ram sticks.Today i got my gpu and i noticed a bad bottlenecking in apex legends with %50-60 cpu/gpu usage.My ram sticks has a week to get delivered because of the current lockdown and i'm not sure what is really causing the bottleneck.I'm scared my i7 7700k is not keeping up because many people would say ram barely affects performance.Even my cpu/gpu goes above %90 usage in battlefield 1 and my frames are above 60 in ultra settings.I get frame drops in apex legends with 144fps cap and all i want is the stability.When i get my new ram sticks I'm gonna do a clean installation of windows and majority of my games to make sure i have no software sided problems at all.Many forums say i7 7700k is enough for a rtx 2070 and it even pairs good with a super.Do you think my new ram will fix the problem or am i facing a cpu bottleneck at this point?

Solution
I actually think it's your ram. If you have only 8GB then you will most likely stutter in modern games. Many games need at least 16gb to run smoothly. It also seems like your CPU would pair perfectly with your GPU so I don't believe your CPU is the issue.

jitteRs

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
I actually think it's your ram. If you have only 8GB then you will most likely stutter in modern games. Many games need at least 16gb to run smoothly. It also seems like your CPU would pair perfectly with your GPU so I don't believe your CPU is the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS